Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New bike - Ducati 848 Evo

Discussion in 'Showcase' at netrider.net.au started by Rushne, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Well I have finally picked up my Ducati 848 Evo.

Started out 3 years ago on a CBF250.
    Then on to a CB400, which was a great bike. However, I had to get my dream bike. This bike was one of the reason I got my license in the first place and it feels good to finally throw a leg over it.

First of all, the power is fantastic.
    I definitely appreciate why learners are not allowed to ride such bikes and I am glad I took the time to learn on smaller bikes. The brakes will put a newb on their arse with out a problem :)
    It is deceptivley fast. You can feel it pull you along at a decent speed, but you look down at the speed and you are going much faster than you thought you were :)

May have something to do with being my first full fairing sports bike. Wind protection makes a difference.

Comfort wise, I love this thing. To me (6 feet) I finally dont feel cramped. So damn comfy. Sure there is weight on my wrists, but using your core get that weight off with out an issue.
    The distance from the seat to the pegs is the largest of any sports bike I sat on so it feels great.

Throttle is very precise but at the same time, great to roll on gently and feed power to the back wheel with out fear of a great power lump being delivered at the wrong moment.

Mods and accessories stuff so far are a Radiator and oil cooler grill. Battery tender plug. Tinted Screen (not installed yet, but not sure i will install it :) )
    Ducati Superbike indoor cover (so sweet)
    Rear stand on castor wheels (great for moving around into the corner of the garage, feels like I could dance a Sawn Lake scene with the damn thing :) )
    Tank protector

Still to come is:
    Rear hugger
    Carbon key guard section
    Termi's
    Levers
    Bar ends

Time for some pics :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. That is sex on wheels! Drool.

3. ^^ As above. Double Droooool!

4. Beautiful looking machine dont let the sports bike title fool ya,friend of mine has a 750 ducati has toured and ridden to alice springs,took him 2 days for his body to adapted to the ride,take care.

5. I love my cruiser but temptations like this may just make me switch to the dark side ... :)

6. holy SHIT that looks good

7. Sexy as!!!! Nice bike man!!!! Congrats, p.s. Put the tinted windscreen on 

PGriz aka SirG aka GrizIT - via Tapatalk

8. Hey Rushne, sweet looking bike. That red trellis frame and rims stands out like nothing else.
    I have just put a crapload of carbon on my 848 and a heap of other stuff plus moved the rear lights into the vents with cleans up terh whole back end - with the help of a new fender eliminator of course.
    I can probably help you out with the other mods you are looking at and save you some coin. PM me if your interested.
    If you are riding it regulary on the street I'd recommend going to 14T on the front sprocket. You won't have the bike lugging around.

They are a sweet ride and I took mine to the track and was blown away by the bike. They are awesome on the street and twisties but feel sooo much at home on the track :)

Since I'm in Melbourne we should go for a fang together also :)

d

9. I agree - this color combo is awesome. Wait till you see the black one. :) I could buy both & keep them in the garage. :D

SBK_848evo_11S_colors-B_[1000x667][3-2].

10. OMFG! Got a bit of a chubby seeing that. This is one of the most beautiful bikes I have ever seen. I just love white bikes and when they are accompanied by red hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

Very well done mate. Can't wait to see it when you have the other accessories fitted.

11. Congrats on the new bike it looks AWESOME!

12. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Very, VEry, VERy, VERY nice bike :)

14. Very nice, I love the red frame.

15. Thanks mate!
    I have seen ya on a certain duc forum too :)

Will only be in the country 2 or 3 weeks at a time but ill definitely try and get a ride out with ya.

Thanks too all for the comments too :)

Been loving it and it gets a lot of looks and double takes

16. H,

It's a very sexy bike.

How much did you paid?

17. I am so jelly of you, you have no idea! Congtrats :)

18. Fark me, that is a damn fine looking machine. Grats!

19. Congratulations! I know the feeling, I just collected my 2008, 1098, yes it was supposed to be a pearl white 848 but th offeer was too good to refuse...and the dry clutch!
    Have fun and stay safe, I'm going to do a California Ride school day very soon.