Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New battery dead after 4 weeks of not riding

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by tbbm, Nov 30, 2011.

1. I have already read through the sticky battery thread and it didn't really help.

I got a new battery about 5 weeks ago, then dropped the bike and it's been in traction for the past month. It's now all good to go again, but I try to start it, get a few clicks and nothing.

I just replaced the battery after I got it, they charged it up at the shop and the bike started fine with it in. But, I didn't get a chance to give it a good run once it was in the bike, probably only got to ride it for about 20 mins before it was in traction.

So, is the battery dead because it didn't have a run after it was installed (even though it was fully charged) or is there likely to be something draining the battery?

I just wanna get this thing back on the road!!!

EDIT: Never mind, I found one of the terminal wires was loose. All fixed now. Mods please feel free to delete this useless thread.
  2. Maybe one of your terminal wires is loose.