Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New "baby" Ninja250

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Ushario, Jan 23, 2008.

1. I have been trying to get info on this bike for a while now, as its release was annouced late last year. To my dismay, until recently, I hadn't been able to get more than "its going to come out in the first quarter of 08"

Well, after a chat with a dealership, I can now tell you these things -

The bike will cost $7400 on road.
    17 inch wheels and a "full" fairing (fairing LOOKS larger in pics than ZZR250s)

-23.5KW
    -21.7NM
    -6 speed
    -Fuel capacity 18L
    -Dry weight 151kg.

I can't upload any images atm due to the email I recieved (from the dealer) being in PDF format :mad:

I think the bike looks awesome, far better than the ZZR from the pics.
    Basically the same engine, with a few tweaks I think...
    Hopefully anyone else having trouble finding info will find this useful, I will try to find a way to upload the file - if at all possible. Feel free to give hints! :grin:

2. Wow, it nearly weighs as much as a cbr600rr. (155kg)

GPX dry weight is 138kg.

3. 08_Ninja250R_Left.
    [​IMG]

Looks very much like its bigger brothers.

4. #5 scoobs, Jan 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  5. yes you can. look next to the magnifying glass. there's a camera icon called snapshot. you may copy any section of a pdf document to your clipboard.

6. Sorry about the double post on the bike, it was a bit late for me so I didn't check.

7. found these pics online, from a japanese bike show.. looks much better than standard!! (or am i crazy and this is a totally different bike?)

k_250rs-2.

k_250rs-1.

8. Very nice. Its the same bike, with a buttload of track orientation going into it - I'm guessing kawa has had it made up to get the racers interested in it. There is quite a big 250r racing scene in the states, this might be their attempt to get them interested in the new bike. I wonder if they'd make official aftermarket racing parts for it available...

9. my google search came up fruitless, but I believe there is a list of track-focused dealership options boxes you can tick.

10. i ordered mine today, didnt get to tick any boxes :(

11. i ordered mine today, didnt get to tick any boxes :([/quote]

How much and when do you get it?

12. Does anyone have know of any online reviews of this bike?

13. dakidmas, race replica are doing them for $7000 ride away.

no confirmed date for delivery, as the first batch is already spoken for.

14. thanks for that, I just called my local kawa dealer and they are $7400 ride away, 2 left in this shipment, then most likely a month wait or so.

I only found out about these today through the forums, was going to get a '07 model zzr-250 but why pay the extra grand when I can get one of these little beauties.

15. that's sucky. the above exhaust looks hott.

16. They look hot anyway!

I've got to secure a loan before im gonna put down a deposit on mine tho
    :(