Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New around here :)

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Tonymc22, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Hi all!
    I'm Tony from auburn NSW

After almost 5 years of thinking about getting a bike and my licence I've finally made the leap to buy a bike!

I chose to buy a bike as a project that I could eventually get registered once I get my licence!

I opted with a cbr250rr mc22.. Was a steal at the price I got it for and within a month of picking it up I have it up and running (bike hadn't been ridden in 5 or 6 years) and it runs and rides perfectly, no I haven't taken it on the street but I have a private car park directly opposite my house that I can legally ride in.

Now I'm just choosing on when and where to do the Lams stay up right 2 day course! Any advice within the parramatta area would be good but hopefully on a weekend.

Have been lurking here for the last 6 weeks and have only recently decided to sign up. So thanks for having me here guys and I look forward to riding with you guys sometime in the near future!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome aboard :] good luck getting your Ls
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks mate! Should be interesting! Having riden dirt bikes in the past don't think I will have to much trouble
  4. Yeh take your time & you will b fine
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks mate. Shall do!

Have to say the guys on here were a god send when I was trying to figure out what was wrong with my bike! I didn't even need to sign up to ask a question you lot had it all covered already!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. G'day TonyTony, welcome to Netrider (by the sounds you know your way around already, thanks to your bike research). Good luck with the Learner rider course and test; let us know how you go.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Hi Tonymc22Tonymc22, welcome to the forums and life on two wheels! Nice choice of bike, best of luck with your Learners. Stay Upright 2 days L course is a good program, I've done one with them here in VIC couple of months ago. They'll look after you (y)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks all! Can't wait to get around to doing the course because atm all I can do is ride around a car park!

Will be great when I can get out on the open road
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Welcome to NR
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks Lazy LibranLazy Libran
  11. I encourage your getting some practice in the car park across the road from your home but just a warning on the legality of doing this. Private property that has allowed public access is considered a road related area and road rules apply. If the car park is locked and not accessible you are Ok. It would depend on how your local police are but technically it is illegal.

It is best if you organise to go and get your Learners as soon as possible.

This is Regulation 13

13—What is a road-related area

(1) A "road-related area is any of the following:

(a) an area that divides a road;

(b) a footpath or nature strip adjacent to a road;

(c) an area that is not a road and that is open to the public and designated for use by cyclists or animals;

(d) an area that is not a road and that is open to or used by the public for driving, riding or parking vehicles.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks for the advice! It is closed to public I've already researched this and even had highway patrol say something to me.. And it's not trespassing as I have permission to be on the locked property. But I do appreciate it.

As far as doing the learners I still have to blue slip my bike.. And get it regoed.. But just enjoying getting her roadworthy atm to be honest with you!
  13. Welcome to Netrider Tony!..... As you know already this is a great place for advice :)
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Thanks David! That it is mate.. Was surprised all of my questions where already answered lol.. Have been browsing a fair bit lately! But not commenting much! Lol as the saying goes nothing good or worthwhile saying don't say it at all right!
  15. No worries, if the property is closed to public access and you have permission then its all good. When you said it was a carpark I assumed it was open to the public. (y)
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Wasn't too sure what you would call it lol.. There's markings on the floor where it used to be a car park lol.. Now it's just cbr heaven!
    • Funny Funny x 1