Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

N/A | National New App For Data Logging

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' at netrider.net.au started by chipa, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Looks interesting.. http://antwest13.com.au/App.html

From a few quick searches there appears to be a few apps around that do a similar function. What I'm most curious about is how accurate these apps could be. I wouldn't expect any phone to have good enough resolution to produce meaningful data

Has anyone tried these type of apps with their phones when on the track?

2. No, but I was thinking of buying it to support him, I'm sure I'd get some use from it! On how serious it is, I think that will depend on the price.

3. Pirelli Superbiker is a decent app, never used it at a track (personally i dont really want to crash with my phone in my breast pocket) it measures speed and lap times and lean angle and such, the lean angle is pretty unrealistic and inaccurate however. It is free though, so cant complain. Its on iPhone and android.

4. I think it will be very interesting to see what they can do with it, but your lean angle will never be too accurate if the device isn't on the bike itself somewhere, and the gyro is not calibrated to upright once it is mounted on the bike. Whilst I do plan to buy it to support the guy provided the price isn't ridiculous, I don't expect too much other than informative/amusement only.

5. Hmm might have to check this out, might run it at the same time as my racechrono set up with gps receiver and see what the difference is.

6.  Top