Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New addition in central west NSW

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Bananas, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Hi everybody, I'm a fairly recent rider after a lifetime of saying "I'm gonna do it!" and finally, at 42, getting my license with a work pal. Have had a full license for about a year and have recently bought (and adore!) a 2004 Suzuki gsf1200s and would love to find others who may be interested in doing regular local trips as well as the occasional epic journeys. My regular riding buddy is often time poor, and while it's great fun riding on my own, I enjoy sharing a common interest with others. I love learning new riding skills, and believe that there is something to learn from every person I meet. I've decided to ride the Great Ocean Road this Easter, while my family tag along in a car. Can't wait. Good natured tips are welcome! Thanks. Betty-Ann.

• Like Like x 5
  2. G'day and welcome, Betty-AnnBetty-Ann. I'll bet you're looking forward to Easter; all the best with your Great Ocean Road ride.
  3. Thanks!
  4. Make sure at sometime you go on to Peterborough to Bay of Islands - better than 12 Apostles I think, give me a yell if you want "bike company"
  5. Welcome Betty Ann, we have a three day meet in Jindabyne on the weekend of 12th, 13th, 14th. There are a bunch of NSW and Vic guys and girls coming. Click on the link in in my Signature.
  6. Welcome :)
  7. Welcome. There are a few of us out west. Enjoy your GOR trip.
  8. Welcome to NR..

Have fun on the GOR road trip. And don't forget to post pics.

Have fun.

9. welcome aboard :)
  10. Welcome there's great rides out in the central west long and short just got to watch out for the HWP they can be a bit sneaky out here
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Welcome! :D
  12. Thanks for the welcome and information. I did see the Jindabyne information as I cruised the site. Not possible for me this time, but will look forward to the next one. Cheers.
  13. Thanks for the welcome everybody. Very interesting reading the forums and seeing some cracking humour. My interest is now in finding a way to carry my guitar with me on longer journeys. Anyone found a way yet?
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I can't say I've found a good way to carry a regular acoustic or electric guitar on a motorcycle. I once saw a motorcyclist carrying a small acoustic guitar in a soft case across their back and it didn't look particularly safe or comfortable. One possible alternative is a travel guitar?

• Like Like x 1
  15. If you can do it with a surf board maybe you can with a guitar too?

• Like Like x 3
  16. Don't worry about the guitar enjoy the ride work the riffes out in your mind as you ride and play them when you get home . Trust me I've writen many hit songs as I ride
    • Like Like x 1
  17. LOL - I've heard STORIES about that, but I've never actually seen one one before. Thank you, you've made my evening.

To the OP, I've seen plenty of people with an acoustic strung on their back, riding. It does look like you wouldn't want to go too fast or too far, but to get a couple of km through suburbia, it can very much be done.
  18. Welcome to the wonderful world on two wheels. Often wanted to take a guitar along for long rides but wouldn't be kind to the guitar if anything happened, also I tend to really take care of my musical instruments (as I do with my bike) and they would suffer with changing weather. Best if there was a car accompanying you so you could stash it safely. Cheers and happy riding.