Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New 7.1 Surround Sound headphones from Razer

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Kernel, Aug 20, 2011.

1. True 7.1 surround sound headphones from Razer with 10 individual drivers in this awesome looking pair of head phones called the Razer Tiamat.
    [​IMG]

=P~

http://www.razerzone.com/tiamat/en/features

2. I used to and probably still do have some 5.1 surround headphones. They did a reasonable job but I got sick of the whole digital cable and crap meaning you couldn't use them with normal 3.5mm jacks etc.

But they were nice when I had them.

3. looks pretty nice.

im actually considering getting new speakers/headphones atm.

dont game as much as i used to... so thinking speakers over headies atm.

any suggestions? been looking at the z5500, looks the goods and only $320. kinda tossing up between 5.1 and 2.1 also.

4. Razers are nice, i love their speakers, very nice sounding and more than enough for my computer........................but not as nice as a studio monitor speakers.

5. I bet they still aren't any where near as good sounding as a proper set of cans, razer seem good at selling gimmicks.

If you're thinking about spending that much money on headphones have a look at some of the Audio Technica, Ultrasone, and Sennheiser cans available here:

http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/

You can go in and have a listen to them all.

6. I have that system.

It's incredible. Quality, volume, no distortion, optical and component input + remote control.

If it dies, I will try and find another to replace it.

Bummer is I don't think Logitech still produce them. You gotta find someone with existing stock.