Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New 2008 Yamaha R1 (Black)

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by AshR1, Dec 11, 2008.

1. And it's soooooo pretty :)

Just picked it up from the dealer today at 230ish.

Made sure I had insurance on it a good 2 hrs before I went to pick it up, last thing I want to do is ride it out of the showroom and into someone/thing.

It'll be out on the thursday night ride next week. :)
  2. Beautiful
  3. Thanks man,
    you were quick off the mark :)
  4. That's really really nice man! Well done :)
  5. yeah makes up for the 2 and a half months waiting for insurance (sort of)

Nice replacement, looks like she's a girl that likes to party :wink: :LOL: :LOL:
  7. will be once I scrub the tires in, have to be careful till I get the little nipple bits off the rubber (no I'm not cutting them off :p )
  8. :shock: Nipple tyres?

:eek: are they the little things that stick off the new set? I've just got a new set of pilot roads, am i to be extra cautious on them?

btw 200th post WOOT! :grin: Maybe i can take the training wheels off now :LOL:
  9. Very nice, I saw one the other day with the same colour scheme. Looks very imposing and has that "I'm gonna come after you" look :LOL:

Easy there tiger, you've got to catch up to hornet's post count first :LOL:
  10. congratulations it looks great, now you can spend the next 2 1/2 months riding and just tell work you are catching up and will be back 1day
  11. Very Nice :grin:

Looks HawT
  12. That bike looks very familiar.

Jokes aside, once you brake her in you will fall in love all over again. I love the 2008 R1 and you can do so much with it. All you need is a full system and you're rocking.
  13. Nice bike, enjoy!
  14. congrats! very nice
  15. Ahhh. The wait is finally over. Looks bloody nice Ash :cool: .
  16. nice mate, my 08 r6 is waiting for me at the dealer, pick it up on the weekend, cant wait

btw with your r1, say goodbye to your licence lol :shock:
  17. Hey Ash,

Congrats on the new bike - looks a real beauty.
    I am certain you'll be having have a great time together in no time.

And while I try not to be too preachy... at least you had insurance to fund the replacement!

And it of course goes without saying... if she ever needs a holiday, I'd take on the burden of keeping her warm for you!!
  18. :D thanks all :) yeah the bikes awesome

the show we were going to tonight was sold out :( so ended up on the TNMR

which was awesome till 120kms in someone left a corner, so I'm now at home no idea where the group went (but did say goodbye to Mario TEC to let him know I was going)

so nearly 200kms on the first day of ownership :) should be well run in now :p

Catch you all on the roads, and I'll update when I get more pics
  19. Very nice - congrats, mate.
    Yeh, 200Km on day 1 is a fair effort.