Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Neverending mods (CBR600RR '08) - lots of pics

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Omarko, Aug 28, 2009.

1. I got my CBR600RR '08 approx 10 months ago and of course, love her to death.

The other night I was writing down all the upgrades / mods I did on it and thought I might share it with fellow Netriders in case anyone out there was thinking of doing anything similar and wanted to either know how to install it or what would it look like.

So, as of now, I have done the following mods:

Leo Vince Slip on
    Power Commander III
    Custom Dyno tuned
    K&N Filter
    OGGY Knobs
    HRC Tank pad
    Techspec Tank Grip pads
    Rizoma Zero-11 indicator lights at the front
    Integrated tail light mod
    Tripage Fender eliminator
    Rim tape
    HID lights conversion (8000K)
    Scorpio Alarm system SR-i900
    Painted rearsets and passanger pegs (black)
    Painted levers (brake and clutch)
    Sprockets F:15T R:42T (Driven Black) (that means 1 down on front and 1 up on rear)
    Speedohealer V4
    Rizoma rear indicators Track-77
    Rizoma Sportline Billet grips - black
    Rizoma Bar ends w/handlebar caps & sliders MA506 - black

Next thing I want to put on is Rizoma rear view mirros and rearsets but thats $1000 alone so gotta save up for it. Also I dont like that chain guard, not sure what to replace it with at this stage though.

Anyway, from the above, lot of the mods are visual and are purely personal preference. However, out of the performance mods, I have to say that the sprocket change was the best bang for buck (only $150US including the chain). The bike pulls insanely now, its crazy and although I lost top end speed and have to rev the bike more, I am very happy (who goes 260km/h on the streets anyway?)

Naturally, the slip on was a no brainer plus it took me a while to find the right Fender eliminator that cleaned up the back really nicely, its a beauty.

Here are few photos, have a look, let me know what you think and feel free to ask any questions or let me know if you have any suggestions for future mods.

Link -

If you would like any more photos, close-ups etc , just let me know ...
  2. Nice mate, don't really need more pics, how about a test ride :p
  3. LOL .... Im bit precious about that ... hehehehehe
  4. nice. why no seat cowl?
  5. my gf is a pillion often so have not thought of that really ... but yeah, they look nice ...
  6. I have Rizoma Rear sets and parts and am so happy. If you want the parts cheaper go to BikeCraft rather than MCA who are really expansive.

For future mods I recommend getting your suspension calibrated to your weight and some braided lines.

Also could you do a little write up on how you installed the Alarm? I've got the exact same and have no idea how to install it and don’t want to spend $$$ for someone else to do it
  7. thanks for the tips ... I got the rizoma gear from US, from PJsparts, they have excellent service and super fast postage. Dollar is pretty strong atm to shop there :)

re: the alarm, it was actually super easy to install ... you dont even need the bike specific harness to be honest ... I read a write up on 600rr.net forums in the "how to" section ... If you need help installing it, let me know ... I might be able to help. Its the best money spent and already saved my bike :)
  8. Mate could you please post the link to the thread?
  9. looks great mate, but how do you spend so much on your bike?

Don't get me wrong, i would love to get such an awesome result but cant think of spending anymore cash on my bike...
  10. well .. I guess its a hobby like any other ... it costs money .... and I really wanted to make the bike unique and the way I like it .... :grin: :grin: :grin:

11. Go to my garage and see my bike. I've finally made the list of most money spent. Should be top 3 when I'm done
  12. nice strips ;)