Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Netriders put gag on members.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by sugadiva, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Why is Netrider admin censoring it's members? Do we not have an opportunity to speak? Isn't this what a forum is for?? If the admin don't like what we say from a personal point of view, we get shut up!!
    This is Australia and we believe in the fundamental right of being able to express ourselves. Who do you think you are???

:eek: Leanne :cry:

2. Sugadiva - Australia or not, this is a provately owned and run forum, freedom of speech is a privledge, not a right

3. There's plenty of other forums to join if you're not happy with this one...

Is anyone else getting sick of all the whinging and moaning going on, or is it just me?

Surely you guys have got better things to do, like go ride your bike perhaps.... Now there's a good idea....

4. <sigh> Who do you think you are?

https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2813

If you don't like it, then don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. I'm tired of explaining general etiquette and niceties of community participation for the enjoyment of all to those that demand rights from free resources.

5. The admins are doing what admins do - running the site to a stated set of rules. Things that fall outside that get cut.

Get off that "this is Australia" wank, you'd know all about it if you were the object of real oppresion :roll: :) . Or to put it another way, if "This is Australia..." is the best support for your argument you're stuffed already.

I've had stuff deleted, warnings handed out (both very unfairly in my unbiased opnion, bastards! :) ) etc..etc... and one thing I noticed is that they are fairly consistent with it. I say fairly, they do ferk it up too but they are but frail humans. One doesn't even have a bike and the other has to ride his wife's (when she lets him) so neither are perfect :p :D :LOL: .

Just relax, put down the phone to the Anti-Jackboot Brigade and look at the wider scope.

:)

6. Build a bridge........

7. Can you show me where it is written we have the right to freely express ourselves in Australia?
    Show me the statute or the piece of law where it says this.
    This aint America it's Australia.
    We don't have a constitution that says we have the freedom of speech.
    In fact freedom of speech in this country is a privilege not a right.
    Which also means we bear a responsibility to express our views without hurting or insulting or vilifying anyone else.
    The Americans espouse freedom of speech yet they don't bear the responsibilty of unfettered freedom of speech.
    We also don't have a right to full privacy in this country.
    I personally the admins do a great job of "policing" those who want to abuse their right to freedom of speech and remove those posts which are or seen to be objectionable.
    I've had a few removed of my own yet you don't see me complaining because it becomes a reality check to see where I have overstepped the boundaries.

8. :-# <--- Click me

9. [quote="smee]
    Can you show me where it is written we have the right to freely express ourselves in Australia?
    Show me the statute or the piece of law where it says this.
    This aint America it's Australia.
    We don't have a constitution that says we have the freedom of speech.
    In fact freedom of speech in this country is a privilege not a right.[/quote]

I so totally logged back on just to say that.

Mods, cheers to you for running a very clean forum. :wink:

Whingers, get over yourselves. :-({|=

10. If this is such a "clean" forum, could someone then please explain why it's the only site that I visit (during breaks) at work that Symantec Internet Security constantly blocks........

:cry:

11. LMAO.....YOUR A FUNNY BASTARD SOMETIMES :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

12. Actually under Case law in Australia we have a common law right to free speech. But it isn't an unlimited right to free speech, there are modifiers about what you can say about people that might be damaging, and in some states about probability and community interest. No... it's not America.

None of that applies to a private forum however.

P.S. This is a good clean forum... even if it has too many yellow tractors ;-)

13. [/quote]

If this is such a "clean" forum, could someone then please explain why it's the only site that I visit (during breaks) at work that Symantec Internet Security constantly blocks........

:cry:[/quote]

Probably blocked by [shock] admins for being non work related ;). Symantec can block specific sites as well as those that expose certain web objects.

14. clean forum .....hmmmmmmm
    well if the are female and single i would be happy if they got over me :LOL: :LOL:

my view is a clean forum is good , but you dont need it sterile.
    Really any topic should be able to be raised and discussed , but that means people have to act as adults.
    I dont know which post sugadiva is talking about so its hard to say .
    The mods have a difficult job in controlling what is offensive to some and what isnt , what bears legal consiqences and what doesnt , what should be removed in the intrest of the forum etc .
    But no thread should need to be removed if the participants are posting and acting acordinly like grown ups ....Tittys...bugger .... :LOL: So lets all act like adults
    Also a i dont think hitting the arse with the door on the way out is the solution either , lock the thread and send a pm or email and discuss it with them is more a way of doing it , but for that to work both sides need to be grown up about it .
    that way the mods can express the sites point of view so the poster can see the whole picture and then come to a compramise.

just my 2cent worth

15. I find this a tad ironic, given the claims of a "clean forum".

At work, occasionally I browse the net during a break. For whatever reason it is, Norton Symantec internet security only ever blocks pages from Netrider.

I get home the next morning, or that night to log in to see what the offending content was, only to find nothing that is obvioulsy offensive. It's bloody annoying, especially if I'm reading a particularly interesting thread.

16. then it's the Symantec that has the problem, not Netrider

17. strange things happen with anitvirus programs. for a while all emails i got sent from the commonwealth dept of treasury were marked by my work system as possible spam and blocked.

18. was that from commonwealthdepartmentoftreasury.com ?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

19. I've got Norton Internet Security running on my work computer, and it's never blocked anything from Netrider. :LOL:

I think it's your computer...