Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Netriders own Relief Ride

Discussion in 'VIC' started by voyager, Jan 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I tried to post this up over a week ago. No matter.

By this time, many people will have gone on the Tsunami Relief Ride put together by the Hills club - the one that sparked much discussion for its $50- price tag. Now, I'm putting forwards for discussion - Do we want a Netrider relief ride?

If we do, I'm happy to stick my hand up and do some organisation for it. I'm sure there are others here would also like to help out. We also don't need to put a high price tag on the effort.

Anyway, this is gauge interest. Throw in your thoughts.
  2. I'm in.

Don't specify a $ amount, people can donate whatever they are able to.

Start at Albert Park? ride to somewhere? if we get a decent crowd, invite the media along to get some pics.
  3. Yep, I'm in. :D

4. I'd be interested :)
  5. Steve,

Count me in - if you want some help organising I am in as well.

6. Vic - yeah, something like that.

I've got a few other ideas to raise extra revenue, plus we'll make sure there is a decent ride and end point as well - routes/places that can accomodate all the people I hope we'll get. We'll make sure its all learner friendly as well, so no-one needs to feel like they can't participate due to experience/skill levels.
  7. I'm up for it Voyager.
  8. I'm up for it as well.
  9. Being in the wrong city, I wouldn't be able to come, but I'd be happy to make a donation as I haven't been able to make one anywhere else yet. If you can give me details of who the money would be going to (ie World Vision etc) I'll send a cheque.
  10. Why not? It's a ride, isn't it? ;)
  11. Inner!

hmmmm...hmm hmm hmm....hmmmmmm...hmmmmhmmmhmmmmmmm
  12. That will have to be set officially as we organise the ride.

Vic, do we pipe this through a Netrider account, or make it less organised but direct to the charity in question ?
  13. Yep, count me in as well....
  14. Let me get to the bank and I'll open a second account.
  15. Sounds good, count me in
  16. Why not arrange your own locally?
  17. Hey Vic once again I agree with you! I'm in but my only day off is Sunday 16th!
  18. :D well me too,im off only on the 16th
  19. Count me in as well

20. I am in and so will my other half
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.