Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Netrider recognition on the streets

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by bonkerrs, Apr 10, 2008.

1. I've always wondered about other riders I see on the roads, if they're Netrider forumites.

Yo Netrider admin peeps, ever thought of making/selling a sticker, a small/descreet one for people to put somewhere on their bikes. Or is this already done?!

We're a small community with similar interest (bikes and forums)... hope I didn't make it sound like a weird cult :p
  2. You get a sticker when you sign up to be a Netrider :p I've got mine pinned on the wall next to my pc in the office though. I should probably put it on the bike - the question is... WHERE???

3. We need a hand signal like a gang sign. Or a special nod, like our own Mason's Handshake.

I suggest a side to side head wobble coupled with a left-hand "Live Long and Prosper" salute.

Who's with me?
  4. :oops: Maybe, I should have taken the time to read other parts of this website. I've basically ignored everything else and just started typing like a mad dope!
  5. And a pink feather attached to the helmet.
  6. As silly as that may sound it's a lot less painfull than us trying to learn the Loz Salute (Stoppie at every red mono at every green)
  7. Let's not get silly now.
  8. Once the morons at AVACTIS fix their pathetic software you can order yourself a number plate surround like so;

9. I second the pink feather recommendation!!!
  10. That's just riding like normal though, isn't it?

11. Hmmmmmmmm, nah, I'll stick with my tiger ears. :grin:
  12. Loz does a stoppie and a browneye, simultaneously.
  13. That's quite a skill.
  14. He makes it look easy.
  15. You're right, what was I thinking, bloody pink feathers. Make it brown :wink:
  16. But why hide the numberplate !!! :LOL:

17. You will be bald one day too, mate.
  18. I like the idea of knowing its a netrider
    that way I can do 2 things.

1. blow past them doing 230kph and then come and read about the hoon on hear.

2. when i see the wobble down the road or the wannabe rossi's i know to steer right clear because chances are within a unspecified time frame that person is likely to chuck their bike down the road so they can post a "rider down thread" .
  19. awes.
  20. Wow Grobby, have you turned into a half decent rider since I last went out with you or something? :p