Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Netrider Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' at netrider.net.au started by Mouth, May 31, 2005.

1. By popular request, we are pleased to announce the arrival of the Netrider Photo Gallery

Upload your motorcycles, rides, events, and people pictures into the albums! Leave your comments about each picture! Vote on each picture and give it a rating! Can you spot yourself or your bike?

Please ensure you READ THE FAQ before asking any questions :D

Here's a quick outline...
    1. Use your Netrider membership email address and password to login to the gallery. Yes, you need to be a Netrider member to login! Your Forums login details are not valid within the Photo Gallery.
    2. If you do not yet have a password for your Netrider membership, or have forgotten your password, edit your membership details to have a new password sent to your registered membership email address. If you no longer have access to your membership email address, contact us and provide some validation details (eg. home address) to request that your membership details be updated with your new/correct email address.
    3. Thumbnail size images are only available until you login. You will have to be a Netrider member and login to the gallery to see the larger size photos.
    4. Upon your first successful login to the Photo Gallery, you will be required to enter a username/alias for yourself to be known as within the Gallery. This alias will be shown against any photos you upload. Feel free to have the same alias/username as your Forums username, if you like. You will get an error message if you try to select a Photo Gallery alias that someone else already has.
    5. All users are able to upload pictures into any Album. Uploaded pictures require approval by admins before they can be seen within the Photo Gallery. We encourage you to contact us to request or suggest a new Album (or category) be created, particularly within the Group Rides or Groups Events categories. We are more than happy to create a new album for your particular ride, event, or genuine need.

Please let me know if you find any bugs or problems/errors in using the Photo Gallery. :eek: :D

Enjoy! Looking forward to seeing some great photos from you experienced, budding, and casual photographers. :) I wonder who will quickly shoot up the Top 5 list for commenters, uploaders, and users with the most viewed pictures? And not to mention, who will have the highest rated photos? :LOL:

2. and if you want to look at the photos you have to pay $5 and join netrider................... :?

3. Which the majority of us have already done :)
    The page looks great Jase, I will have to get some piccies uploaded when i get home :D

4. yes, $5

if you dont like it leave

not one is making you stay

your choice

isnt Australia wonderful, you have the choice to leave

use that choice

5. why do you have to pay $5 and for what??????????????

6. Babelfish - stop being so bloody bossy. You have not been here that long and you are being a right royal tosser. There are nicer ways of passing on messages :)

Yes, it is $5 and it contributes to the upkeep of this sight as Netrider is a non-profit organisation. They do this for the love and for the average rider.

Now, on a serious note, $5 ARE YOU MAD.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

7. Also members get discounts at some places. Although I couldn't tell you where exactly. :S LOL

Now all I have to do is work out what email addy and password I gave when I signed up....

8. Ah ok, I was wondering why it wouldn't let me enlarge the thumbnails.

9. Thank you to Sir Skuffy and Bogus69 for your explanations............. :)

10. I dont think so............. :D

11. Great idea and one I have waited for for a little while, Now all I have to do is work out if I can upload from the work pc sssssssshhhhhhhhhh do not tell anyone.

12. I am asking a question as to what the $5 was for, if you are going to get all huffy about it you go for it................................ :D

13. Doesn't look like a question to me.
    The membership page says ... "A $5.00 application processing fee is required to cover the costs of your membership card, postage, and handling."

14. Hey Mouth, you raised an interesting thing, I never received my membership card :( :( :( :LOL:

15. been here alot longer than you Mitch

yes there is nicer ways of passing on messages, I leave that for nicer people

16. MOUTH - a small problem with the photo gallery.

I uploaded a pic of the ZZR but it wouldn't allow me to enter a File Name ar description. I couldn't in fact add any additional information at all

I have just uploaded another pic and the same thing happens

17. Thanks Admins, good to finally see a photo gallery on the site.

$5 well spent if you ask me. 8)

18. Dont worry about it MOUTH as other people answered my question........and I now know what the $5 is for

19. Hey Babelfish.

Really, been here longer, we, you must be old then :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I am 36 and feel VERY old :LOL: :LOL:

Anyway, I think you understand the message I was passing on. YOu have a great day. Oh, and dont take this as an attack or anything. I was posting like you "back when internet sites were first created" and then learnt the art of tact and diplomacy :LOL: :LOL:

That said, I sometimes still post like a tosser... :LOL: Human emotions, moods and the type of day we are having ALWAYS control the way we post.

Have a great one

20. Funny about that .... hmmm, could it be because you never applied !?!