Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Netrider Outage

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by Mouth, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Apologies for the outage folks. A security update of the webserver application occurred and failed to restart after the update. Attempts to correct the problem were unsuccessful and time consuming, so we reverted to restoring from backups.

The backups were from 4:33pm Tuesday (yesterday), so we lost only approx. 3 hrs worth of posts. Apologies to anyone who posted during those few hours.

2. Well it's all back now :)
  3. minus a few posts from last night :(
  4. :shock: Exactly as the first posts says!
  5. Where can i send complaints too.....

Firstly i would like to say that i have had too work (I repeat WORK) all morning. :shock: Do you know how hard it is too try and make yourself look busy with forums down all morning long. ](*,) Now i have the very hard task of explaining why it is i got so much work done today in comprassion to others days. :^o :facepalm:

Secondly i think there should of been email sent to all stating that the forums weren't going to be up and running for WORK today :evil: . I could of got out of my issues and explatations simply by calling in sick. :LOL:

Hopefully this type of behaviour won't happen again. :LOL: :p :wink:

oh btw i am so glad it's back up and running again, i am exhausted after this morning :applause:
  6. Well I'm happy now, I had to do some work this morning. lol!!

:D :D
  7. And I had sooooooooo much gossip to tell everyone!!!
    but it's been so long, I have now forgotten ;) :p
  8. hahaha...it was an awkward moment at work for a while trying to look busy doing something else...checking hotmail to see if there is new email every couple of min just doesn't do it.
  9. It's amazing how much work you can actually get done with Netrider down. I'm glad it's back up :D .
  10. Woohoo .. a coupla years to go and you'll be old enough to join us in the Ulysses Club :p :p

Ya've obviously already got the number one prerequisite for joining down pat .. ie: short term memory loss!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahaha :LOL: :LOL:
  11. I think Im minus a PM too. I got an email stating I had a PM waiting for me, but now I dont.

Whoever PM'ed me last night - I didnt get it.
  12. it was me sending you death threats again cowboy :p :wink: :LOL:
  13. Yeah, I'm missing a PM too.

So whoever sent it, please resend. Unless it was you, Glen. :p

14. hmmmm
    did not notice
    but then again, i just got back from 5 weeks hols os :D

nice work Jason
  15. I've been meaning to say something about this. But as a shiftworker who works different hours, weekends, etc I seem to notice that Netrider and other forums that I read tend to be at their busiest during the standard 40 hour working week.

Of course, this'll no doubt change when the new IR laws are passed and we're all working overnights on weekends....
  16. When it was down, I kept getting "connection refused" errors. So I did a Visual Route. It traced it to somewhere in the US. And it said that it was refusing connections from Port 80, which would explain Firefox's error message.

Now, with the server remote from you, how do you upgrade the software, if you don't have it running on a PC in front of you? I presume that your backups were via FTP or similar? If so, if there's a lot of data, this must've taken you ages to complete.
  17. Has anyone sent Hornet600 the url of beyond blue to deal with the consequences of the outage?
  18. Better still let's just send him Jeff Kennett.
  19. youze dirty guyz :D
    I'm grateful you care so much about my health :wink:
    Actually I had my own outage today, I was in Canberra at an IT briefing with the Customs department. 6 hours of driving for a one and a half hour Powerpoint presentation. {boring}
    As for Jeff, nnnnoooooooooooooooo :shock:
  20. By logging into it remotely :)
    Backups were stored on the server.
    Yes it took ages to restore as the files were quite large.