Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Netrider Noob just back from epic worldwide journey

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by zemonstas, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Over the last year I travelled with a motorbike at least part of the way and had an amazing time. Started to convert the videos I took to something more watchable here:

If you like them I'll try and finish it all, lots of work though!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Awesome. Very jealous!
    Look forward to more videos, thanks for sharing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Welcome to NR Zemonstas - looks good, except for the tent.

4. welcome aboard :) looks like an awesome adventure

5. Very Noice...

Big fan of bike road trips so post away...

And welcome to NR..

:)

6. Firstly let me say BASTARD. I am so jealous.

I really enjoyed the Day 2 video, lovely roads and interesting editing. Looking forward to the rest of the trip.

7. Good work, for you future video's can you change the volume so your voice isn't muffled to much by the music. I had to turn it up, but didn't want the music that loud. I'll subscribe to this thread as I'm touring by bicycle through Italy in September!

8. Great trip, well done and welcome

9. Welcome back, way to go & in one piece begorrah! Interesting clips/stills.
    Would be advantageous to see onboard footage at real time speeds & that's not criticism of your editing skills mind you, simply a preference. Think old school & a history of short film production.
    Wishin' sat navs & helmet cams had been available in them days of 1974 - ... ;) there's a cupboard full of customs declarations, hard copy maps & negs I've no idea what to do with as well.
    Any european language skills? Like when in Rome etc.

10. Thanks guys! I'll definitely try to finish the rest!

CaffeineMonsterCaffeineMonster The tent itself was super tiny and designed to fit in my panniers. I also wanted to keep weight down because I'm a bit of a speed demon.

BjpittBjpitt I muffled my voice because if it was too loud the blips and squawks from the GoPro were also super unpleasant. But I guess I ironed them out enough. I'll see what I can do next video.

Ozbiker1Ozbiker1 Thanks! I might do that indeed. But for day 1 I had so much footage and so many pretty places to show I wasn't sure how to keep the time down below 8 or 5 minutes without speeding it up. I didn't have any real language skills other than knowing enough French to get me in trouble and almost no conversational Italian or German. But I was able to get through just fine.

• Like Like x 1
  11. There's a third one up and running! I took some of the feedback here and made this more of a longer riding one. :)