Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Netrider is moving to a new server!

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by Mouth, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Questions, complaints, discussion in this topic ...

• BS BS x 1
  2. Probably a dumb question, but for the techno twits out there like me, will the web address be the same?

Yes I know, "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people."
  3. Yes, absolutely. No change in URL/address.
  4. Note to all:
    If its still playing up after say, 24 hours, the problem could be your computer...
    Clear your temp files and cookies, and run from a command prompt in windows (start>run and then type cmd and press enter to get command prompt):

ipconfig /flushdns

then press enter. Close browser and try again ;). Bugs like this can happen with regularly visited sites!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. #5 kma_jg, Feb 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    I realized last weekend the server was overloaded when I tried to use the forum.

On 'ya, Mouth for sorting this.
  6. If you are reading this, you are now on the new server :)

And under 45mins for the outage window too! Smokin! :)
    • Like Like x 7
  7. looks good from up here
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Yep, up and running.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. All good via Tapatalk as well. :)
  10. #10 jag131990, Feb 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  11. heaps quicker for me
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Been browsing on Safari and Firefox. Hot linked pix are working fine but I can't see attached photos. That includes photos I could see yesterday.

Most avatars are working but I'll assume they are linked.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Yes, thanks. Should have mentioned that. Attachments and Album pics (1.9Gb) have migrated overnight and will be back very shortly. Avatars already migrated because they are a lot smaller in total size (34Mb).
  14. :worthlesspics::worthlesspics:..............................

actually response times are very very quick now
    • Like Like x 1
  15. +1

Looking good (y)
    • Like Like x 1
  16. +1 very little latency / lag from Brisbane on both Tapatalk and via the browser. Good job!

Sent via iPhone
    • Like Like x 1
  17. I'm enjoying the speedier replies from the server. Consistent 200ms ping time from PipeNetworks in Brisbane, too.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Very much enjoying this, have been noticing that from my place in Goulburn it had been getting fairly laggy and sometimes overloaded during the last 6 months or so.

The new server is running very well for me, instant click-throughs and very fast loading pages compared to a week ago.

Cheers! - boingk
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Thanks Mouth. Good work.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Huge improvement.

Thanks Jason.
    • Like Like x 1