Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Netrider Exclusive Movie Event - The Motorcycle Diaries

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by Mouth, Oct 8, 2004.

1. From the front page....

It's the latest motorcycling movie - "The Motorcycle Diaries" - and Netrider has secured an exclusive screening. Two men, 1952, a 1939 Norton 500, 8 months, and 32,500km through the Latin American Continent. From it's director: "It's a [true] story of two young men who leave on an adventurous journey throughout an unknown continent, and this journey of discovery becomes one of self-discovery as well. This is a film about the emotional and political elections we have to make in life. It's also about friendship, about solidarity. Finally, it's about finding one's place in the world ...".

This exclusive Netrider event is open to everyone, members and non-members, and screens on Thursday December 16th from 7pm at the Cinema Nova in Lygon Street, Carlton Victoria. Included in the ticket price, is Netrider's exclusive drinks and canape's before the show from 6pm in the Nova's private foyer.

Tickets are limited, so secure yours now! Get your tickets from the merchandise page

This film has received a standing ovation at the Toronto film festival, rave reviews at the Cannes film festival, and has been suggested by film critics as possibly in line for an Oscar.

More links and reviews...

Official Page
    Apple hosted Trailers
    IMDb
    Rotten Tomatoes
    Film Force

2. Hadn't heard about this film but sounds great, I'm there.

And probably my brother too (though he isnt a Netrider member).

And unless Orlando is going, we'll be the only ones there who wont need the subtitles :p

3. Yes, it looks to be a great and interesting film. I'm quite looking forward to it and expect a great night.

4. -----Original Message-----
    Sent: Saturday, 9 October 2004 2:34 PM
    Subject: Re: [netrider-announce] Netrider Exclusive Movie Event - The Motorcycle Diaries

'The Motorcyle Diaries' were written by none other than Che Guevara! I bought a copy a few years back, and it's a good read. There's not a lot of politics, but there's glimpses of how he came to hold the views he gained later in life. By the way, they ditch the bike fairly early in the book. I don't know how strictly the movie sticks to the book though...

The reviews I've read are very positive. I've also heard a little of the soundtrack which also sounds very good. Worth checking out I'd say, a thinking man's bike movie (unlike 'Biker Boyz'!).

John