Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Netrider bike 3 - Capacity

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by ibast, Sep 23, 2005.

?
  1. 0-250cc (140kg)

100.0%
  2. 251-500cc (158kg)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 501-750cc (174kg)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 750-900cc (188kg)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 901-1050cc (200kg)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. The second part of our Netrider bike survey created a bit of a statistical dilemma.

Based purely on the most votes, it would be a V-twin.

Despite this, the two combined four cylinder categories out voted the twins. So you could argue that the engine should be a four and the configuration should be put to the test at a later stage

In addition to this, you could take and average and round off. In this case 3.48. In which case we would be looking at a triple.

Having noted all that, I did specify the configuration, not just the number of cylinders, so it looks like the Netrider bike is a Sports Touring V-twin.

So now lets define capacity. Once again I have designated a rough mass to the capacity, in order to keep a bit of reality about it.

Forget about licence restrictions.

Have fun.

2. This is a fun game. I look forward to:

Netrider bike 4: what drive system,
    Netrider bike 5: Carbies or EFI,
    Netrider bike 6: Steel trelis frame or Twin-spar Alloy...

3. Are we doing a group order at the end? :wink:

4. If I get about 500 deposits I might! :LOL:

I'm a mechanical Engineer and a rev head, who rides, so I quite often ponder what type of bike I would build if I were a bit more cashed up.

The problem is I can see merit in most designs, so I was interested in what the motorcyle community would like.

5. :-k ... but... if it's going to be a K1200S, none of the above fits...

Or am I missing something?

6. Obvously

7. I just rialised that 1050c+ went missing from the poll. DOH!