Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Netrider 2013

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by Mouth, Apr 1, 2013.

1. #1 Mouth, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
    We have been on a long and often eventful ride and I'd like to share with you all some of the highlights of Netrider history:

Oct 1999: Netrider website arrived on the scene. It was just a 'stub' of a site (as were many/most back then) with links to some businesses - the beginnings of a fully fledged motorcycle links directory for Australians.

June 2000: Netrider website really started to progress with a large number of links to businesses, clubs, websites etc. We also started to produce technical tips articles and bike specifications listings.

July 2001: Site design changes. News and event listings are added. Online chat (irc) and mailing list (yahoo) is pushed heavily. Links database is huge.

Aug 2002: Site design changes (being the first iteration of similiar to what you see today). Memberships, sponsors, merchandise, preferred suppliers are added.

Sept 2002: Classifieds are added.

May 2003: Site design is changed, looking very much like what you see today. It also becomes a dynamic database driven site. Forums are added/launched. Advertising begins.

2004: Netrider registered with Hitwise, an online measurement company who monitor website activity and moderators are introduced for the first time.

March 2005: Original Netrider domain is stolen and Netrider re-appears with a different domain.

2006-12 Netrider grows into a valuable resource for the motorcycling community ranking continuously in the top 5 motorcycle related websites in Australia, the biggest motorcycle community in Australia with only Bikesales, Bikepoint & MNews (non-community sites) ranking higher.

2012: Decision made to completely redesign the website to what we have today.

• Like Like x 1
    • BS BS x 1
  2. April Fool?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. We have been discussing this over in the 'Mods' forum of late, and as I have asked over there ... just what is Hornet going to do now ?
    Also this has been the reason for the difference in Modding as well, some of us
    just didn't see the need, others have said f*** it lets piss em all off as quick as we can.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. April Fools Day joke surely.
  5. Good one mouth.
  6. I've got $20 in my pocket I'll give you for it.
    I have a vision that starts by renaming the site Mouthbook and then harvesting all the personal info which I'll sell to the highest bidder.
  7. I always thought you couldn't call April fools gags after midday?
  8. You know it's a joke because mouth didn't mention the date of when I joined in his history of important events.
  9. #9 Gobberwart, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
    I don't believe you. Why would you do that after you just implemented the new multiplayer gaming server today?
  10. blabbus toolicus isn't a mod - so not true...only that would be a true sign of the end of the netrider world.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. The 14th April is ATGATT day.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Allowing for time difference, a good one, Jason.

(Some years ago Imposted that Netrider was being bought out by Yahoo (as I recall).

It was a bit obvious, though......
  13. B-b-b-b-but I just got 25 nods... NOoOOOoOO
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Now you've got 26... Ok, shut 'er down....

• Like Like x 1
  15. Just too clever you lot :)
  16. Make that 27.