Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Neons or Cold Cathode????

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by apples, Aug 21, 2005.

1. i am thinking about mounting some neons for fun 8) 8)

was just wondering if anyone has done this... :?:
    would love to see some pics :)

also does anyone know if cold cathode tubes are a better option,
    ie brightness, power usage, ect

thanks

2. NNNNOOOOO!!!!!!!
    Don't do it!
    You will be the laughing stock of all!
    Don't become a riceboy!
    Daz. :wink:

3.  Top
  4. Got rice???
    :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

5. FOOLEY SICK MATE!
    :LOL: :roll:

6. BTW, check your state licensing law. Certain colours not allowed. (i.e. any that can be taken to be a cop car in NSW).

The under glow thing is actually illegal in NSW.

I remember reading this, but I could be mistaken, so feel free to correct me.

7. Extra lighting for being seen would be a better idea, but since bikes are for fun, who am I to whinge???? Just remember that bikes have less tolerance in the electrical and charging system for extra loading.

8. Go for it :) I wanna put a few neons on my bike, mainly to piss people off. The way I see it is if you dont like it, you can try and catch me to tell me so :)

9.  Top
  10. ok i get the drift..... i dont like rice anyway :LOL:

thanks guys....

i would like to thank the riders of the netrider forum for saving me from being a riceboy...
    i now know to steer clear of all glowing objects :LOL: :LOL:

11. I saw a Gold Wing 1500 at night time a few months back that had more lights (LEDs and neons) than a road train crossed with super rice boy could manage!

I'm still in amazement that he could see anything... the whole rear and underside of the bike seemed to be covered in lights of one sort or another!