Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Neons on bikes?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by iamvinhy, Apr 2, 2005.

1. hey all ..

how do you setup neons on bikes? where can u buy them?

2. hi mate.

are you sure they're legal?
  3. Wouldn't be legal to run with them on. If you just wanted them to show off while parked or something I can't see a problem.

Think the lights used are called cold cathodes. When my mate did his showcar I think he actually got the lights from a PC case modding site.
  4. you also want to get it lowered, and maybe some hydraulics to make the front end jump up and down too...

don't forget the pink paint job and pimp fur on the seats... :wink:

seriously though, any place that sorts out cars for this kind of stuff should be able to help you out.
  5. Don't forget the gold wire rims :p
  6. my b/f's bike
    *hides head in shame*

Please note, there is a separate switch to turn them on and off when appropriate.

7. when is the appropriate time?

loitering in the car park at maccas at 11pm, or cruisin down chapel...

:LOL: :LOL:
  8. i wonder if u could have red ones? caus there like good an stuff, caus then like cars can see you better and stuff, plus they look sick
    :roll: :D im put em' them on hooked to me brake lights :p
  9. Personally i think the only appropriate time is never, although at a stretch maybe when parked somewhere or at a show (which this bike has been used for) basically to catch peoples interest.

10. It was threatened that red ones (with a remote control) may be added to my bike, but then death (and disconnection) was threatened back :twisted:

11. I'm wondering where are you gonna hang fluffy dice??? :D Don't do it, you'll be watching your self in the shop window reflections and not where you are supposed to!!!
  12. hahahhaaha :LOL: :LOL: when i was ten i tried to check the tire pressure of the front wheel of the bike. when i was moving. ever since then ive beeen distracted by bright lights and reflections. i would like to fit my OEL headunit on my bike, i pulled it out of my last car before i sold it to the wreckers :LOL:
  13. neons are gay OK!!!!!!!
  14. pfffft neons rock specially uv \:D/

why? caus i said so

word \:D/
  15. speshly when i put on my nelly bandaid in clubs \:D/
  16. neons on a bike - you're kidding, right ?
  17. Please ride as far away from me as possible.

18. we can ask the police on HART Open day.
  19. I think neons are legal as long as they arent red/blue and flashing