Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Neil Mitchell gave the cops a blocking today! was Are we going to let this rest?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by jdkarmch, Apr 12, 2011.

1. For those who didn't hear - Neil Mitchell gave the cops a blocking today for their recent antics on the Reefton Spur, after he was alerted by an experienced rider about cops breeching OHAS amongst other dangerous antics.....

For some inexplicable reason - the story doesn't appear anywhere else but on the 3AW web site. No mention on any other news site. I would have expected something - but it looks like someone up high has told them to shut up (ie newspapers and TV).

Could this be because someone has told the media to shut up?

IMHO - there are quite a few issues that should be addressed over this matter.

Many riders have posted comments on Mitchell's site. It would be good to see many more.

Over to you guys - IMHO the cops are doing it all wrong. Telling us to slow down isn't making one iota of difference.

2.  Top
  3.  Top
  4. Re: Are we going to let this rest?

No wuckers. Your heart was in the right spot. :)

5. Re: Are we going to let this rest?

kinda related: can anyone tell me what plugin i need to listen to those recordings on 3aw website??

6. #6 Thera, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  7. Re: Are we going to let this rest?

fixed

8. Re: Are we going to let this rest?

well, it's certainly easy to post comments on Bitchells website haha

9. Re: Are we going to let this rest?

Seems very dangerous I know I would get frightened if I came across that.
    Hopefully the presenter keeps up the fight.

Windows Media Player plugin I think.

Might be able to download them (a download link popped up in IE for me)

10. Re: Are we going to let this rest?

i use safari normally, just used IE and it works

11. Re: Are we going to let this rest?

No one is saying anything about the dangers of "Target Fixation". These officers obviously aren't clued up on how dangerous they were to MC riders. Quick someone send them a video of Keith Code's twist of the wrist.

12. Re: Are we going to let this rest?

I like near the end talking with the cop, how many times does he say they are just there to catch bikes.

There was also a truck driver on that said he has done and seen truck trailers hit the hill walls on some corners.

13. Re: Are we going to let this rest?

I made the point, and we all need to let it be known, that 2010 and first quarter 2011 figures all show that twice as many cars are getting booked in the Yarra Ranges, as the number of bikes =D>

And I wish Neil's webmaster would spell my name correctly ;)

ps anyone here take seriously the Superintendent's offer that we can pull over at any time and discuss with the nice Mr Policeman if we are concerned about how they are doing things? Of course we can :rofl:

14. Re: Are we going to let this rest?

I heard it and I laughed, what a wanker.

15. Re: Are we going to let this rest?

he was serious... we can pull over and talk to them and ask what they are doing and be told politely to F#$K off and probably only after a thorough reaming in the name of safety.

After all we are all maniacs with our loud pipes and chopped/eliminated fenders.....

I bet most of our bikes are a damn site more roadworthy than a lot of the sh!t boxes on the road out there

16. Re: Are we going to let this rest?

I'll let this thread run as it is directly related to the radio interview whereas the other one is now taking the piss with the sooky OP

17. Re: Are we going to let this rest?

Pretty please with sugar on top, can we get some footage of that?

18. Re: Are we going to let this rest?

no it wont happen now they are onto us...lol

im sure if we drop the good superintendents form knox's name they would be happy to assist us in our inquiries

19. #19 [FLUX], Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  20. Re: Are we going to let this rest?

Apologies Smee - I didn't know about the other thread. I was sort of expecting that you would move this thread there.

But, back to my original question - Why did the issue suddenly disappear yesterday? No mention by Mitchell today (yet).

I'lll go and ask the same question in the other thread.