Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Needing some riding mates Newcastle NSW

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by John Stephens, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Hi , I am a retired 63 year old bloke living in Newcastle NSW. Got a lot of time on my hands and no one to ride with, all my mates gave up the bikes and I'm not much into club riding. I ride a Triumph Thunderbird and am a reasonably experienced rider but comfortable in any company short of lunatic. Day rides or longer no problem. Give me yell. Thanks

• Like Like x 3
  2. Welcome to the forum John, There are a few Novocastrians on the forum, otherwise keep an eye on the threads in the NSW Ride and Event announcements section.
  3. yeah
  4. G'day and welcome, JohnJohn.
  5. welcome aboard :)
  6. "Short of lunatic" ... damn
  7. im a short lunatic
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Welcome to the forum mate.

I know a few Newcastle based members - i also spend most of the week in Newcastle for work - unfortunately the bike stays in Sydney!

DrSleepyDrSleepy , Cam2318Cam2318 - I know the Doc works odd hours and has some weekdays free
  9. If you add your map location, you'll then be able to look at the usermap and see those riders that also have their location in/near Newcastle. Maybe one or more of those riders are in the same scenario as you :)
  10. Don't be so hard on yourself, you're not that short.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. #12 Cam2318, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    Hi, there's a Newcastle feeder ride to the Grey Gum this Sunday. Check out the NSW Ride / Events forum. At the moment just the three of us, so not a big group
  12. Welcome John StephensJohn Stephens — also a Newcastle (and Triumph) rider. There is a ride on this Sunday, as already mentioned. Unfortunately my odd hours include night shifts, which means I'm unable to make it, although I'm sure the others would make you welcome.

I've been trying to convince GeorgeOGeorgeO to bring the bike to Newcastle for some time now. I'm even prepared to go so far as to allow him to lower the standard (and reliability!) of the bikes in my garage, but he keeps on mumbling something about coffee beans and jumper leads...
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Hey John StephensJohn Stephens welcome to netrider from another Newcastle rider.
  14. Thanks for the warm welcome. Was all set to intercept the Grey Gum ride at the cafe until the social director reminded me of pre-booked occasion. Will keep an eye on the events, look forward meting some of you soon.
    • Like Like x 1

15. Well you need another bike don't you George

Welcome John StephensJohn Stephens
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Welcome, lovely place, Newcastle, I was up there last Wednesday..
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Welcome to netrider John Stephens
  18. gday John StephensJohn Stephens and welcome to NR - nice to have a member here with all that experience!