Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Need tyre help.

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by GlennO87, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Hey guys.

I have a CB900F Hornet....It has stock tyres which are terrible. It is coming up summer and i need some new tyres. Most of my riding is streets with a mate of mine. The odd hills squirt which for me is not very fast lol. I am also looking at doing a couple of track days.

My mate (CBR600RR) has Pilot Pures. But he does a fair bit of track work with it. Me not so much so i thought i could go a little harder? But also want some good grip and will handle 15min intervals of track riding. Was thinking about the Pilot Road 3`s but seems to me a big up roar and a lot of yay and nay about them. I know a lot about car tyres! But not whats good in the bike world.

My brother has a YZF1000 and has Pirelli Angels. But he only commutes with the odd squirt.

Can anyone give some advice? On the track i wont be going ultra fast anyway.....

2. send a pm to MMMTS, he's our tyre expert in sunny melb, does track work himself too
  3. #3 twistngo, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Pirelli Angels are sport touring tyres. Others I know are roadsmarts and bt023s. All good road tyres. Ron Haslam uses bt023's at his UK race school though.
    see the ad
    I really like the Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsas.
  4. sorry [MENTION=19313]twistngo[/MENTION] forgot about you, another 'trackie' :) only just replaced that tyre you gave me :) thanks again, owe you a beer
  5. Metzler M 5s