Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Need to vent.

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by jaems, Jul 31, 2010.

1. I guess I need to vent for the first time before I drive myself insane! first accident :(

As I was driving home a car decided to merge into my lane as the intersection to turn right became clogged and he just merged into me :( Luckily I was only going 50, gave it abit of throttle to stop myself from sliding, at the time it seemed the most appropriate action but now I don't know. Never felt so much pain before its too bad I didn't get his number plates. My poor bike has scratches to the RH side fairings and I have a few bruising hopefully my ankle is fine but atm I can't move it properly :S
  2. Im sorry to hear mate, make sure you get a checkup at the gp, or something that seems minor could turn into a problem.

Stupid innatentive drivers... Seems like no matter how aware you are of your surroundings, its gonna happen one day. Sobering.

Get back on that bike soon :)
  3. oh my goodness! what on earth is it the past two weeks!? i know of two other mates personally, plus myself, and now this? faaark.

hope ankle is okay. please take enough time off work / life so you put YOUR health first. no point going to work just to please them when you've not rested enough.
  4. I can't believe this, how often do cagers NOT stop for an accident? This isn't some "Oh the prick parked too close to me so I don't care if I scratch his car" incident, these are matters of life, death and injury. Christ on a stick, I am definately remounting my video camera, I can't afford to not be able to hold someone liable.
  5. That sucks mate, heal fast.
    People need to indicate better... one thing to pull out if you saw their indicator flashing a mile away.

Makes me kinda glad that its rained a lot here, and i need to do an oil change and dont want to lay down on wet grass/mud to do it :). Hence sticking to the cage. Not that its desperate for an oil change, but whenever the word motorbike has flashed into my mind its started raining...