Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

need to replace my brake lever!! snapped!

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by Word_a_Mowf, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Unfortunately, a friend of mine accidentally knocked my bike over while trying to push his bike past mine in my garage...the ONLY damage was a snapped brake lever, which he has offered to pay for.

Is a brake lever easy to replace, or should I get the shop to do it?

2. Depends on the bike and if you are mechanically minded - husband fitted new levers to his bike in about 10 minutes.

3. Sorry, forgot the mention..

CBR250RR

4.  Top
  5. On my bike it takes a pair of spanners and about 45 seconds. Still had to get towed home once though as I didn't have a spare.

Worked out ok though, cos the tow-truck driver hired me to drive his truck a few days a week.

6. I changed mine twice already. It takes about 5min to change it. Just unscrew one nut below the lever then romove the pin remonve the lever.

Needlessly to say I had to replace mine coz of the broken brake light thingy on the lever. the second time was from a standstill drop :p