Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Need to locate someone - Advice please ..

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by VCM, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Almost 2 weeks ago, I had a customer arrive to pick up a cylinder head that was left here for repairs. After I pointed out which head it was ( there was a few on the front counter), he proceeded to inspect it, then satisfied he produced his visa card and I processed his payment. ..All good so far.
    I thanked him for his business, wished him well, then turned my back to him to put the merchant copy of the sales voucher away.
    By the time I turned back .. he had left, taking the WRONG head with him :shock: Took one belonging to another client.
    I ran outside .. too late :roll:
    I have no contact number for him, just the sales voucher.
    I figured he's be back after realising he has the wrong head.
    4 days had passed, no show. My client, who's head was mistakenly taken, keeps ringing me ( I explained his head was taken by mistake and I was in the process of locating it ). I called Merchant services, they cannot give me contact details but offered to contact the guy via MAIL :roll: ( I gave then his Visa Card No. )
    After 8 days with no word from him, I rang the local Bendigo Bank with the same request. They offered to phone him.
    I am still waiting, whilst my client is patiently waiting to pick up his head in order to get his customers vehicle completed.

I am at the stage I am considering calling the Police. The avenues I have pursued have led me no-where.

Has anyone ever been in a similar situation?
    Should I just call the local cops?

2. The guy who took the wrong head could be looking at a Christmas project so he's releaxed and will realise when you've shut shop for two weeks it's the wrong head.

You gotta do anything you can - eight days I'd sure as hell be pissed off waiting....

Call the Cops, speak to managers at Merchant Services or Bank - whatever it takes

All the best with it
  3. Its good to know Vinnie that your not a tourist dive boat operator !

4. :LOL: Micky
    How STUPID am I ??
    I should've turned to NR for help sooner.
    1 hour after I post this, the guy walks in returning the head !

NR ROCKS !!! :LOL: :LOL:
  5. Hmmm there's a dirty joke in there somewhere.... :? :wink: :LOL:
  6. Where are those female clients when you need em .. :p
  7. Well we know that VCM gave him the head in the first place... :LOL:

Good to see it worked out though!
  8. At least I get paid for em
  9. Was the head polish and ported ? Or just polished ???
    Was it only the head or was there pistons head hardened also ?
    Was the head machined to give it a longer stroke ?

Lucky I don't work in a engine workshop.
  10. Agreed Micky.
  11. [-X
    Not touching THAT
  12. Glad its sorted Vinnie but I was imagining headlines in the paper for you.
    Man Gives Head By Mistake
  14. [​IMG]
    I'm actually in tears from laughter !

Nice one Guys :p
  16. If you have his cr card number, MAX IT OUT with a MOTO payment. He'll be in quick smart! :wink: Then just refund the payment plus a few dollars for his fees...
  17. Didn't I give you MY card details a little while ago ? :shock:

18. I'm puzzled at the connection you made with Netrider and the part's return; are you suggesting that he read this post on Netrider and realised his mistake? :?
  19. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Yep......... :twisted:
  20. :LOL:
    No Paul, just seemed weird that not long after I made this post, he rocks up.
    Was thinking I should've jumped on 'ere a week ago :p