Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Need to get me some leathers and book a track day!

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' at netrider.net.au started by stokedpaz, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Trent has inspired me.

I have been reading up on EC ride days and looking at courses for the last three hours now. I have worked myself up stupid and now have my mind set on a June EC ride day, a September Stay upright advanced 1 course (only one available in school holidays). Now I just need some leathers and to check my bike over to make sure they will let me on the track.

I was apprehensive at first, thinking that I'm not good enough yet. After reading the EC ridedays website, I have put that aside and am stoked that there will be CSS coaches there to show new riders around the track.

About to start an expensive obsession and looking at what I can sell to pay for it. haha Anyone want to buy my '91 Rodeo?

2. Mate ill try to be there too, just need boots and work......hopefully I get a job soon to fund these fun stuff.

Its all Trents fault :p, netrider will soon be filled by track zombies lol....cant sleep, eat, work without thinking of going to the track.

3. What do you mean 'Soon will be' ? We're here.

I've got the leathers and boots and stuff. And the bike. Still looking for the job though. No job - no track days. It'll just be permanent unrequited track daze. :-({|=

4. Repeat after me....

once you've had track you can't go back

Without exception everybody that I have spoken to has said the same thing, I wish I had done this sooner.
    There is a whole lot of things you are about to find about yourself. I don't want to spoil it for you so I'll just leave it as you're not as fast as you think you are, but just as importantly you're not as slow case you think are. The rest you'll find out as you go along. You're about to embark on an adventure like no other. You're about to become a pioneer of yourself.

Have fun now :)

5. I'm even more pumped now! Cheers.

I think I'll head to MCAS in the next couple of days to suss out some leathers and boots.

6. #6 Chef, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    You've provided me with heaps of entertainment mate and I appreciate it immensely, so let me give you this...

http://motorcycles.about.com/od/advancedridingtechnique1/ht/trackdayprepare.htm

Now I've only skimmed through it, and i want to say their is so much information out there it does your head in, so use it as a starting point and google the rest. You're looking for 'trackday/preparation'.

Don't let the info weigh you down, that's very important or you'll lose your fun. Just use it as a guide that will enhance your fun. If you have any questions feel free to PM me, most of the questions you come up with are already on this site.

To find them use google and you're looking for 'trackday/netrider' and variations of your questions.

The thing I want you to know is most of your fears and concerns are unfounded, and as soon as you get to the track and figure that out the fun really begins ;)

Some light reading...

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240319

Now the important bit, if you haven't seen it before then there are some simple guidelines I would you to follow for me...

Engage full screen before it begins
    Turn up your sound
    Turn off all the lights

[media=youtube]8l7AXTPmQa8[/media]

Have fun now :)

Launch sequence in 3.....2......1.......

7. Amen. Ballz out or GTFO

8. just don't try and keep up with Trent; he's, err, quite quick :LOL:.

9. Go to actions, they still got a Berik sale on

10. You can rent leathers if need be. They are a bit smelly though. Much better off with your own. Then you can have the fun/angst of deciding on a one or two piece suit.
    Don't forget to do your static/rider sag before you go.

11. Thanks everyone. I'm super excited at the thought of it all!

Won't try to keep up with Trent, went for a ride up old pac with him Friday night and I couldn't keep up even when he was going slow.

Thanks for those links Chef, have read through the links and have started to google for some more info. That vid is awesome, the dude is a little creepy though. Good on him!

Might head to Action tomorrow. Cheers for the heads up Goz.

12. Sweetie, this is a Sticky on this site and relates to your first circulation.
    https://netrider.net.au/forums/showthread.php?t=113852

Sugarplum, spend as many shekels as you can afford on your gear and remember your expense on related comsumables will be considerable.......

13. Cheers Rattus! That link is awesome, I read it this morning, but just gave it another once over!

I am currently looking at two piece set ups from Alpinestars and Dainese.
    Berik also have some awesome looking suits.
    Oh the choices...

14. sportbiketrackgear have a couple of shift suits headed out at the $700 mark. try one on here then jump on the net.

All I need is boots and a day off and I'm going for it...

15. like I said last Friday, Trent is basically a walking billboard for Berik, the guy has the Berick jacket, one piece and boots and who knows what else. Come on stokedpaz join us, resistance is futile :p. Join the saggy bum squad.

16. Nice chef ive always wondered what my religon was and now i know :)
    Geez i inspired someone let me know when you book your track day and il come ive got saturday june 11 booked if thats good for you.
    goz hopefully we will se you out there soon too.
    azn you should come along too. I now own a dri rider climate control 2 its nice and toastie for thosee 5am rides to work :)
    hornet your right ride your own ride on my first track day i seen a few blokes whos ambition outweighed there tallet running off to the grass. I even had a bloke at css in the first lap of a session over take me when i was warming my tires then run wide on 12 into the grass.
    and rattus that sticky by respi is great what d you reckon rattus 11th of june you coming?

17. Thanks mate. I've had a look all over that site. Not a big fan of the shift stuff, but grabbed two pairs of their jeans and some gloves.

There are some other cheap things going on that site though. When you click on leather suits, there is an Alpine starts suit for about $600 http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=4394and a two piece Dainese for $900.http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=9005

There is also a sick Alpinestars jacket that I might get later on, $500. Bit expensive for just a jacket. Might have to ask the GF for her and the olds to get it for xmas http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=7417

18. Mate that is piss funny!!! One of things you may notice once you start hanging around the track is the intensity of the eyes. A lot of 'alpha' type males are drawn towards motorcycling, and even more so when it comes to the track.

When they do the grid walk around with the camera at the next GP race, stay focused on the eyes and not the T&A. You'll notice none of the riders are distracted by the girls. Focus and intensity, everything is dialed up to 11, you wait and see.

That's why we don't sleep the night before. If it happens to you don't stress!!! My first trackday I had only four hours sleep before and I wondered how I would get through the day. Answer, adrenaline.......booyah! It turns you into a junky.

Simone has managed to capture a lot of the intensity of trackdays in that clip, it's supposed to be a little spooky. It's a glimpse into a world that very few on the planet get to see or experience for themselves. It is a world like no other, time passes differently. Space becomes different.... Once you reach your boundary, you shift the boundary.

Indeed :)

....launch sequence initiated

19. Far out, now I know people going on all three of those days. You on the 11th, a dude I went to uni with on the 12th and another mate on the 13th. If I had the coin/experience I'd do all 3!

I'm thinking either 11th or 12th. 13th can be a rest day.