Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Need To Borrow Drill Press Please :)

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Kernel, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Hi guys,
    I bought another bike, an old very rare TS250XE road trail. The carb floatbowl screws take a stupid sized (3.5) allen key so I've been drilling at the carb floatbowl screws with a cobalt drill bit with my hand held wall power drill and managed to drill 1 head off and thread the screw shaft up and down but I'm too fed up to do the others, they're made of very hard steel. Is there anyone with a drill press (pedestal drill) who would just let me use it so I can get these screws off and replace them with the sensible ones I've got, please?

2. Maybe head around to some local metal fabricators and see If they'll do it. I doubt they'd charge you for a few drill holes but who knows
  3. Why not just get a 3.5 hex key, they're not that hard to find.
  4. Dead broke! and given that i've already drilled part way through them all it's a bit late anyway :D
  5. will you help me work on my bike?
  6. of course I will
  7. god help us
    • Like Like x 1
  8. God hates us all.
  9. Kernal, have you drilled heads completely off? If not, I've got some screw extractors you can borrow.