Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Need special bike pics. Help!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Ktulu, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Hey dudes,

Friend of mine has begun a tool-making apprenticeship and his specialty is fabrication on the abrasive water-jet machine.

He wants some practice, particularly with the software that controls the machine.

Anyways, he's volunteered to give it a go inputting a black and white pic of my bike, to have the machine make a cool precision engraving on a sheet of metal... something that'd look cool on the wall hopefully.

Anyway, standard pics look crap converted to B&W and the shading will look terrible for an engraving. I was thinking a wire-frame model would work tonnes better.

So like this:

^But of a motorcycle.
    As simple as possible is ideal.

Does anyone have such a picture? Or a similar one?

Preferably of a 2000-2002 Kawasaki ZX6R, if possible :grin:

Yes, I've tried google image search... results are pretty naff :(
  2. Confederate have some wire frame drawings of their Renovatio concept bike, like this one:

more pics on this page

It's not a ZX6R but it's the best I can do.
  3. zx9r
    this'll test him :LOL:

4. the best bike of all-

and after serious searching, a zx6r
  5. Hey Joel where did you find the first few models? I designed my bike in maya3d but would be cool to have some other bikes! :D
  6. http://www.3dcadbrowser.com/ :)
  7. This is my wire-frame model
  8. Here's a pic of a wire frame model for ya :)

9. Holy crap, you freakin' legend!

The pic above it's the fireblade, yeah? I'll request an engraving of that for ya. Cheers, mate!