Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

N/A | National Need some help, Sidecar for sale

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by hereissomestuff, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Hi,

Sorry to post this here, I'm almost positive it's the wrong spot.

I'm after some advice on where to advertise a sidecar?

We purchased the bike about 3-4 weeks ago for $14,000 for use in a television commercial. The details I have for it are:

Locally made, F2 sidecar, 2010 Suzuki GSXR 600cc standard engine, AP front brake, Suzuki callipers back & sidecar wheels, new Avon tyres.

Immaculate condition. Has fairings too (I'll update the pictures when I get them)

It's done 6 laps of Broadford race track in total. Is super quick I'm told.

Asking $6,500.

Any suggestions on where to advertise or who I should speak to would be great.
  2. Must have been one hell of an ad if you're willing to drop $7.5k in 4 weeks??

I'd imagine race sidecar set ups are pretty difficult to sell - small target market. Facebook track junkies and formula xtreme may be your best bets. I'd be interested to see more pics of the bike though, just out of curiosity.
  3. Thanks, I'll check out those groups.
    How do you upload photos and I'll share a couple more pics?
  4. I think you need a minimum number of posts to do that (pics), 10 perhaps? It's to stop spammers and chancers.
    I can't see it selling on ebay, not for decent cash anyway - never seen a track sidecar for sale there. Considered gumtree? You'll get a lot of lowballers but that's life, just ignore them.