Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Need some cooler gear for summer - What have you got?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by fifi1980, Sep 4, 2009.

1. So I thought I was being smart in getting pants and jacket that are waterproof that I could wear over my work stuff as I am commuting everyday, but was only on the bike for about 1/2 an hour in 25 degs today and my Ixon Luna pants were effing unbearably hot. :?

My jacket is fine with the lining taken out, but I'm looking to get another pair of pants, the thing is are all of these kinds of pants going to be hot? Or is it just that I'm wearing 2 layers? I don't have a problem with the jacket and obviously I'm wearing something underneath that as well.

So any recommendations on summer gear with good protection?

Cheers, Fi.
  2. Octane Mesh Jacket and Draggin Jeans are what I wear to keep cool in the warmer weather.
  3. I've got a dri-rider dri-mesh jacket that has the waterproof and warmth liners that you can use together, separately or not at all. When you take the liners out of the jacket it's pretty cool cause it lets air pass through the jacket.
  4. I've got the climate control 2, same thing I think. Without any liners its like you're wearing no jacket at all. Mind you that it's got armour and abrasion resistance in all the places that need it.
  5. Dririder Climate Control 2 mesh jacket + Draggin Jeans for summer.

Bottle of cold water every hour for 40+ days
  6. Indeed, Fi, it WAS a lovely day for riding in Wollongong yesterday.

I would go with the other's recommendations too; Draggin jeans are definitely warmer than normal jeans, but that's a trade-off of protection vs style.

You should go and see Alan Simpson at Zpower and grab a pair of these: http://www.zpower.com.au/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/1366/products_id/2536 you'll have all the protection you need and look like a movie star to boot!!!
  7. Don't overlook the gloves. Just bought some warm weather gloves and they help a lot. Wasn't able to get the vented ones I was chasing but the Dririder Aero seem to do the job while maintaining protection.
  8. Thanks for your replies guys,

Pygmy I didn't even think about gloves - will have to check out Dririder as it seems that's the best option by everyones replies......

And Hornet - Those jeans are hot! Now I only wish I looked like the lovely lady in the pic in them! :LOL:

Cheers guys. :grin: