Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Need some advice on next bike...

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by thecptn, Dec 6, 2005.

1. ello ello...ive been riding about on my xv250 for around near 2 months now, and clocked up 5000ks on it already, its a good little bike, though underpowered even for me, im a tall fella, 6' 3" so im also a bit cramped on it, I love the cruiser styling, I've had my eye's on an xv535 for some time now, but now after some research, an xv750 seems a bit better choice, after doing some home work, an xv535 can pull low 14 second down the old quarter mile, and the 750 an high to mid 13's which is more than enough to even out accelerate fully-sik wrx and co, though im not getting it to fly 200mph, just some thing with well...balls when needed to get out of a hairy situation, question is, is a 250 to a 750 a bit too big of a jump for me? i dont intend to upgrade until im on my unrestricted, until than, im happy to fart about on my 250, so any feedback is good.

2. I don't think you'll have a problem with the 750. It's a cruiser- The power delivery will likely be smooth and predicatable. I've never ridden one though so I suggest you test ride one for yourself and decide if you like it. I'm guessing you probably will. :D
  3. gotta love netrider, answer within 5 minutes :LOL: thanks for that, any xv750 owners here?