Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

need paint code for cbr250rr

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by ronin2010, Jul 7, 2007.

1. hey guys i desperately need to get a paint code for my bike......

i hvae a part that needs re-spraying and it seems noone can do it without a code. I have a metallic orange cbr250rr with pics in my profile.

id appreciate any help

2. have you checked inside you boot space? there is usually a sticker somewhere on the subframe that has the paint code on it
  3. As speedfreak said the paint code can be found on a sticker inside the boot space BUT your paint isn't standard so it'll be of no use.

The only way to go about it is to take a panel in and hope that they can match it. Some places get good results, others not so good.
  4. yeah thats what i was thinking, but wasn't sure so did make the comment
  5. +1, ur best bet is either to match it or go to the importer and ask what colour it is exactly.

either way gettin paint made up and gettin somoen to spray it for u will cost u about the same as getting the part new from the iomporter. approx $200 (unless its the front then its more
  6. hey guys thanks for the replies.....

i now know that the paint is a 'candy' which means they basically spray the bike silver and then add a transparent dye/paint to it, making it orange.

these candy's look awesome but are impossible to match :(

7. They can be matched.

I got a metallic finish CBR954 matched last year, silver underneath and all.