Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Need New Helmet

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by kiss_the_future, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Due to my accident i forfeited my helmet to be destroyed...which was assesed and was told not to risk using it.

So i was just wondering if anyone knows where i could get ARAI helmets cheaper in Melbourne, or if maybe someone on here distributes them and can pass one my way under RRP.

2. Do a bit of "shopping", hit ebay for some power-sellers and make contact there....you'll be surprised.
    Picked up a new Shoei RRP$799 helmet for $520 recently....
  3. Yeah i've considered ebay, but im not sure if im willing to take that risk of being pulled over for a non-compliant helmet.
  4. Not being smart here so please don't take this the wrong way. If you get to know the staff at a particular bike shop then I've found a little bit of loyalty goes a long way to helping with discounts. If you find something a lot cheaper at a different shop it doesn't hurt to let the one you usually shop at know. I have found they will generally match the price & everyones happy. You end up with better service (they know you will spend more there) & will try a bit harder to get less common items for you. Just my experiance. Sometimes cheap can end up expensive.
  5. I buy all my gear in one shop.. and I'm there on regular buissnes as well so I have goten to know the staff by name... LOL I reacently gought a pair of boots for $285 ($299 regular price every where) and I asked them if they can get me my size the next day...(it was 5pm when I was in the shop)... Yep next day at 4pm they called me... they had my boots!!
  6. I get what is being said...yet i dont have the time to be-friend some guy at a motorbike store so that i may get $10 off a helmet. I need the helmet soon, so ducking in and out of a bike store for a few months is not a priority i have in mind. Thanks for the suggestion though.
  7. ebay.com.AU that is, and pick one of the LOCAL power-sellers.
    The vendor turned out to be Sydney City M'cycles, who ware overstocked on a batch of Shoei-promo items.
    ALL regular stuff WITH AS-stickers.
  8. I work in sales so I'm loath to suggest this, but go into a couple of nearby shops, try on the helmet you want and then see if you can get it for a better price anywhere you can. I asked another shop for a price on the flip-front Nitro and they quoted $269 where the RRP was $299.