Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Need honest reliable Mechanic Northern Beaches preferred

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by munecito, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Well.

My Domi is using a bit of Oil and with her having close to 70000Ks I think the time for a mayor rebuild or an engine replacement is coming.

I bought the bike in November for almost nothing and I enjoy riding her a lot so as she doesn't owe me a lot I am seriously considering to go ahead with the repairs.

Also, after the accident in december she looks very nice so I think the best option is fixing her instead of starting to look for something different.

So I'm in need of a good and honest mechanic in the Nortern Beaches (NSW) if possible.

I have already sent a part request through findapart to try and get a second hand engine or a reco'd one.

Does anybody have an idea of how much could it cost to get the engine reconditioned? It is a one cylinder 650cc engine. I can take it out of the bike and install it by myself to try and save a bit of money.

Maybe if I'm lucky I'll find a nice low Ks one out of a XR650L, according to my research it is the same engine for the Domi. Any other ideas about what other engines could I fit on her?

Any inputs, advice is appreciated.

2. Hey Will,

I have had good reports from a place called "Motorcylce Weaponry" or similar in the industrial area at Mona Vale. (just behind Darley Road fruit market) A mate of mine that is always dropping his bike swears by them.

I haven't had the need to try them out yet, but my 25000k service is coming up and I think I will be giving them a go.

Stay away from freedom motorcycles at brookvale...........RIP OFF!!!

I have got my eye on a dominator650 with 33000ks on it, but it is in Cowra so if I buy it, it will be sight unseen. Risky heh???(more risky with the wife I think! :LOL: :LOL:
  3. Hehehe Jeff

I had my eye on the same bike. I was thinking in getting it and putting the bodywork of mine on that one and selling mine as spares.

But then I thought I better keep mine and do whatever I need to it.

I was thinking in going up there with the wife and riding it back.

4. +1 at how expensive freedom brookvale is! Stingy stingy stingy..
  5. If I do get that one, at the place that will remain nameless, I am going to have to smuggle it into the garage and deal with the shit that comes up (read "wifey") :LOL: :LOL:

Still, I've done it before and lived to tell the story.....................and after all, I am the boss and I will do whatever I want when she tells me it is ok! :LOL:
  6. yeah - freedom is a rip. I'm never bringing my bike those guys.

If anything, i'd take it to Brian Conner because he does a good job (expensive, but good job).

There's another bike store on wynborne (curl curl) which i dont approve off. i think they are a yamaha service centre.

But recently, i've been taking my bike to budgetbikes in yagoona (even though i'm from killarney hts) because they do a good job and have a good rate. Just last week, i had my bike towed out there. I'm picking it up tomorrow. I'm still having a cry about the repair bill: $830
  7. Went to Brian Connors, very professional and honest.

Looks like I'm getting another bike instead of throwing money at the domi.

8. Hey Will,

What are ya getting.

I am still thinking of that other Dominator at Cowra.

Keep me posted!

9. Going green Jeff.

I'll be posting in the general section soon.