Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

need help

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by CBRWPN, Sep 11, 2007.

1. hey fellas..

been reading forums for along time. thought id register now since i do need some help ..

well my bike was stolen (CBR 1000RR) 04 . awhile back and manage to recover it now.. a few days ago.. when i got it back all the barrel and reader has been smashed broken. tampered with.. im after some parts to get it started again.. i hear i have to get another ecu as well as a barrel and reader only wanna get second hand parts tho i rang a few local places and there asking for $1500 + .for a ecu , barrel, reader, key second hand.. anyone able to help me out all help appreciated

2. First of all, welcome to Netrider.

I DO believe that you ARE up for some major expense with the key/barrell/ecu aspects of Honda's Security System. If the bike was insured you should be able to claim this as part of the repairs, however...
  3. thanks..

bike was not insured.. any way of getting second hand parts ecu etc from anywhere or someone
  4. any chance of by passing my amobilser i get reds but just keeps kicking ova wont start..