Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Need help ZX2R knowledge

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Guest, May 12, 2006.

1. Hey guys, I was topping up my fludis and stuff tonight so I can go for a ride tommorow... I found the radiator and the brake fluid of course... Buuutttt I am stuck. I cannot find the hole in which i place the oil, can someone please explain this to me... Man I am such a n00b hahaha

Cheers for your help. :)
  2. You should find it on the right hand side (when facing forward!) just under the frame, nearly behind the fairing (side of engine).

That's where it is on most bikes anyways. Usually the quantity of oil needed (with and without an oil filter change), and the recommended viscosity is cast into the engine casing nearby. You should always change the oil filter when changing the oil.

Remember to check the oil level with the bike upright (not on stand). It takes a bit of one-handed tricks to do this. Good luck!
  3. Yeh... Well me is taking it for a service next week on Monday, so between now and then I figured a little top up wont hurt it. Not if it is only for 2 days :) Should be okay I reckon.

Tnx guys
  4. If you dont know where the oil filler is then Im betting you dont know how to gauge the amount of oil in the bike. Seeing as its going in for a service soon, may I suggest you dont touch :)

Ask your mechanic to show you how to fill your bikes oil and also how to guage it (dont know if ZX2's have a window or dipstick).
  5. ZX2 has a window behind the only perfectly round hole in the fairing on the lower right hand side of the bike.

Oil goes in just in front of your footpeg, black engine cover has a large hand screw/plug type thing that simply un-screws, then poor in the oil.

You have to check the oil level while the bike is perpendicular to the ground. (thats straight up and down).
    The zx2 is light enough that you should be able to do this yourself.

Grab the bars while the front wheel is straight and bike is in gear. Lift to the balance point, look through the window. Done.