Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Need help with a sump plug

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by hendo2, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Hi would anyone on here be able to help ...This bike has two drain plugs in the sump, a larger one towards the front and a smaller one to the rear of the sump ...my question is about the sequence the spring and bullet shaped plug go back in before the sump plug ? hmm and what is the function of these components ? Thanks

2. Don't know the bike specifically, but I'm guessing the bullet and spring make up a pressure regulator. Help keep good oil pressure. Or a check valve to keep oil somewhere under certain circumstances [edit].

As such my guess would be the "bullet" then the spring as the "bullet" would sit against a seat or cover a hole.
  3. Thanks for the reply ...and to answer my own question (thanks to Mick Flood Yamaha/Suzuki in BoxHill Melbourne) the parts in question are from the gear box netural finder shaft and the parts replacement sequence goes bullet head first followed by the spring then washer then plug .One strange set up two plugs close together on the engine sump ...anyway all fixed and on the road ..
  4. fix up the heading... :LOL: