Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Need help to get started

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by kris87, Oct 18, 2016 at 10:57.

1. #1 kris87, Oct 18, 2016 at 10:57
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016 at 11:03
    Hello I wanna get start riding need advice.
    I got a Kawasaki ZZR-250 (1994)
    It hasn't been registered for a while. I have no NSW riders licence.
    The only problem with the bike is is the horn which i just need to fix the wires, replace the fuse and something to hold it to the bike like a bolt nut and washer. Just a few scratches but overall the bike runs smoothly.

I just need advice and steps on how to get started from getting my licence and the requirements (including the cost) I need to get my bike legal to ride on the streets.

2. #2 gizzo, Oct 18, 2016 at 11:47
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016 at 12:10
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Oh yes...welcome aboard :)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. welcome aboard :)

Id start with getting a licence or learners
  5. Kris, toddle around to your local Services NSW shopfront and tell them you want to get a Motorcycle Learner's permit. They'll point you in the right direction from there.

As for the bike, since it is completely unregistered, you'll need to get a mechanic to provide a Blue Slip, see this link lower down the page for info Get a NSW registration
  6. ok thanks.
    I've done some practice on the bike on my backyard which help my confidence. The bike i currently have will be my first, it was given to me as a gift. When i first got it i fixed everything by myself thanks to google and my mates. I always doing maintenance every week even though its been scratched up but it still purring and roars.
    I just need it to be road legal since its hasn't had rego for a long time.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Good on ya kris.
    • Agree Agree x 1