Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Need Help Identifying Model of A* Boots

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by vroom, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Hi there,

I've been browsing road boots on Gumtree/eBay and came across this particular pair of Alpinestars boots multiple times. In all of the photos I've seen, there doesn't appear to be a model number or name, and the price is generally $50 to <$100 used which seems a little suspicious.

Here are the links to seven different listings on eBay/Gumtree:
    I've tried searching through various websites (Revzilla, MCAS, Bikebiz, etc.) but could not find this exact pair of boots. One of the Gumtree listings say that they were purchased from Peter Stevens.

I couldn't find anything on Google regarding fake A* boots or anything. Should I avoid these? They seem too good to be true, so any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

If you don't want to click a billion links, here's a picture. I thought they were an SMX, but now I'm not too sure.

2. Ask all the sellers what model they are
  3. Yeah, I've messaged two of them. They have been online since but probably ignored me. :(