Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Need Help, How to choose a bike for new rider

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by jackforlead, Apr 8, 2006.

1. I am completed new for rider, which means I dont star my L. I plan to begin my ride sometime in August.

I have not idea how to choose a learner bike. currently, I pointed to Hyosung GT250 and Honda VTR 250..which one is the best for money? anyway, I am not rich man..

I like tour bikes than sports bikes,,I plan to choose bike to BMW F 650

anyone could give me some idea or comments on these? any idea is welcomed. because I am completed blank in this
  2. ohh the hyosung is a nice little bike IMO.

having said that, if u can find a nice VTR they are awesome bikes, i did my learning on one.

whats your budget? that will ultimatly decide what u get
  3. I have the VTR250 and have found it a great bike to learn on! Great value second to buy and the resale on them is awesome. You can get 2 years riding on one and sell it for close to what you bought it for!!!
  4. VTR250 is the better v-twin bike.

I bought my GT250 brand new because it's as cheap as used VTR and I can get Hyosung parts really cheap from Korea.

If you are short on $$$, you should get used GT or VTR. Secondhand GT or VTR doesn't depreciate much.