Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Need help deciding Euro bike - VF750 or GS 1400

Discussion in 'Touring' at netrider.net.au started by Aussiepete, Sep 17, 2016.

1. hi guys and gals, as the title states i need help deciding, but first a run down..

im very close to departing on a trip to the UK where i will be out of the country for at least 2 years, ill be riding the UK Scotland, Ireland, isle of man, then popping over to France, and doing Europe..

right. the problem..

i haven't freakin chosen a bike yet! haha, i really cant decide weather i want a nice comfy cruiser like a Honda VF750 ( or similar ) or just go all out and nab a decent BMW GS 1400.

heres what i need -
    - something i dont need to lean down on all day
    - something comfy i can sit on for like 6hrs and not burn the bike down afterwards
    - i'd prefer to have a low center of gravity bike ( like the VF) but not essential ( riding a XR 250 for 5 yrs im kinda used to tall )

Any input you guys can off would be great, cheers

2. Sounds like fun, I would use whatever time you have left here to go test ride lots of different bikes, see what they actually feel like for you.

3. Ninja 1000 of Suzuki gsxf1000

• Like Like x 1
  4. Suzuki Bandit. One of the water cooled ones. Cheap and surprisingly quick for what it is.
    Any sports bikes are a pain in the butt literally doing six hour days and the BMW is a big heavy tank.

5. If you know where to get a BMW GS1400 I'm
    Listening!
    Serious touring, the BMW 1200GS/RT is your bike.

6. Surely a mid sized BMW is the right choice, the F800 whatever.

• Like Like x 1