Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Need boots! cant decide!

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Paulstar, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Hey guys,

I need some more gear asap! currently i have a shift octane jacket and a KBC VR2 helmet and some alpinestar knee armour.

So far ive tried on Alpinestar boots, i like them they are nice an comfy size 41 i think i was. The thing about the Alpinestar boots is i pressed on them in all different areas and compared to another brand *memory blank* half the price and i could feel the same sort of internal re-inforcements but without the flashy racey buldges on the outside.

I want a really good boot in terms of protection, and im not averse to the racey look. But i dont want to pay for the brand! I hear alot of good thigns about SIDI RE ankle protection.

Im willing to buy online and the budget is flexible for the right boot but not more than $300

Also need gloves! >_<

Thanks for any input guys!
  2. Good to hear someone so young has his head screwed on the right way in regards to protection. :applause:
  3. Sidi's, Forma, SMX4's, FALCO, RJay Altitudes...........all good boots, just be careful buying online, make sure your sizing is right.

I've also been told, hearsay only: ..buy from overseas and and the Aussie dealers very likely wont help you with any warranty issues youwould have to send them back from whence they came........ :cry: bit of a pain!! This especially applies to a particular boot not released in australia even if from an international company like A stars or SIDI for instance.

4. One thing to watch out for it the height of the boot from sole to top at the area where the shift lever contacts; if the boot is "thick" there you're going to have to do some serious adjusting of the shift lever.
  5. I'm really wondering if i should pay 45$ more and get the S-MXR boot. Seems to offer a bit more protection but if the SMX 4's are easier to get on and off i reckon i'd be wearing them more.
  6. :cool:
  7. I bought a pair of A-Star S-MX Plus boots from sportbiketrackgear.com (via their ebay store). They retail for around $AUD470. Got 'em for $US230 + $US45 shipping ($AUD295). US Postal Express service incl. tracking number, etc...

Delivered to my doorstep in 4 business days. It was the 1st time I bought bike gear over the net, so I was stressing out. However, this particular store provided great service. I highly recommend them.

I'm usually a Size 42, however in A*, I had to go up to Size 43, as I couldn't get my foot into the 42.

I've now worn them on about 3 rides. They're very comfortable. I don't have any issues about the time it takes putting them on. Like anything new, u do it a few times & becomes 2nd nature.

What I liked about the SMX Plus that a lot of the other boots in the $300 price range didn't offer was the inner boot. Although it isn't removable (like on the Supertechs), the speed lace system offers awesome ankle support.
  8. I feel your pain - I am searching for a pair of SID Discovery boots, cant seem to find em anywhere