Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Need advise: In Cairns from ACT

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by gypsyvtr, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Hi folks.
    Love your weather!!!
    Got up here on Friday after flogging my VTR250 (loaded up with a few weeks worth of shit) up the best and worst roads we could find. Baby vtr got up here with out a single hitch or fault, then yesterday I took her out for a spin up to Port Douglas (nice ride by the way) and she was making a few weird noises all got to do with the gear changes and something rattling thats driving me batty.
    Apart that I will need to make the trip back south in 2 weeks time, I also want to do abit of riding up here......but here's the thing I'm going to have to find someone to check on my little vtr.
    Does anyone here know someone reliable in Cairns that can have a look at her?
    Would really really appreciate it.

2. Hi Estelle,

I will be in Cairns for the long weekend (flying and rent a car with the missus) and would be happy to give the little VTR a flogging for a day and see if I can find anything :LOL: :LOL:

3. OMG Jeff! How ya doing?

That would be awesome. Did u mean this coming weekend? I guess I can hold off doing any decent sized rides til then.

Will be cool to catch up. :grin:
  4. Yep this weekend............fly in on friday night with the missus and pick up the fastest car around......................wait for it..............

A RENTED Hi undies Getz :cool:

fly out on tuesday arvo.

A word of warning though...........I am no mechanic!!!

The best I could do is ride your bike as hard and as fast as it would go and ring you from wherever I kill her :LOL: :LOL:

You should just drop in to a local mechanic to get it checked out. I am sure they must have a bike shop somewhere up there.
  5. Bring plenty of touristy looking singlets and your biggest boardies and sandles (you'll fit right in).....it's bloody warm up here.

OK, I'll start flicking through the yellow pages and take my chance I score someone decent.

I'll pm you my mob in case you wanna catch up.
  6. Yeah It'll be good to catch up.

7. g'day,
    im live in cairns and might be able to help you out with finding a good mechanic, ive used Cattana's (on Spence street before for my little step through - he was good) and recently used Cycle Tune (for my tt350) (off aplin i think) and found him to be excellent. Id steer clear of the dealerships, except for wayne leonards(suzuki/ktm) - ive got tyres before and found their service great. ive herd nothing good about honda/yamaha/kawi.
  8. Thankyou so much jay_gee. Good on ya. That's the sort of local info I was hoping for.
    Will give Wayne a call.
    Though VTR ain't sounding sick anymore. Took her up to Cape Tribulation today....behaved perfectly. Top day.
    Love the top end!!!