Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Need advice...

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Zee84, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Okay guys, out of these bikes...

- 1998 Honda RVF400 (NC35)
    - 2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R
    - 2004 Honda CBR600RR

Based on...

- Fuel consumption
    - Maintenance
    - Second hand value

Which would you recommend if I can get one for around $7000? It would be great if you can give me reasons too.

Thanks in advance!
  2. i would go the cibber but thats cause i like the look of that model. if insurance and running costs arent a huge concern, either of the 600s.

ride them all and see what you like the most!
  3. Go for one of the 600s. Parts will be easier to come by.
    My pick would be the ZX6, I just really like that model.
  4. Get on the 600s if you are concerned about costs. The 400 is too unpredictable for costs. $7k will easily get you one of them.

Any reason to rule out the gsxr6 and the r6?
  5. I would say CBR600F
    and save some cash
  6. I like the GSXR6 and the R6, but I thought they might be more expensive, and I was guessing for $7000 I would only get a really old model. Also, the older GSXR6's and the R6's have massive exhaust pipes (which I don't really like).

And when you say the 400s unpredictable for costs, do you mean the cost of maintenance?
  7. I wouldn't say that they would be more expensive or less expensive than Honda especially. The GSXRs are pretty cheap from what I have seen. A lot of people change the exhaust so keep your eyes open and look for one of those. Just good to have options.

Really need to ride them though.

Yeah I meant maintenance.