Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

need advice - zzr 250 - changing oil filter + oil

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by robbie3786, Apr 19, 2008.

1. As the title reads i need help with change my oil filter and the oil for my zzr 250, i've bought the new filter from the kwak dealer near me (flywheels) i had a long hard look at the bike when i got home and had no idea as to how to:

a) take the old oil out
    b) Put the new filter in (i don't know where it goes)

Pouring in the oil seems fairly straight forward.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Service manual:

Basically under the bike there is two things to undo - one in the middle is the oil filter, the one more to the side (left side I thinkk) is the oil drain plug. So let the bike warm up for 5 minutes, then take both of these plugs out to let it drain for 10 minutes or so. Then lube the oring on the new filter with a bit of new oil, and put the filter and filter plug back in, tighten it (just a little, last thing you want to do is tighten it too much - hand tight + a turn is all you want max). Then screw oil drain plug in as well, and pour new oil in (it takes 1.9L). Warm it up for another 5 minutes, then let it cool for a few minutes, then check oil level (on centrestand of course). Repeat as needed.
  3. phizog you are my hero!

i feel i should repay u in beer lol