Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

need advice, startup video included

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by davey_charlie, Nov 15, 2010.

1. #1 davey_charlie, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    i got my fzr 250rr back from being stolen and im trying to start it back up again to see if its worth street fighting it.

So far i have:
    replaced all fuel lines
    replaced fuel filter
    flushed tank
    changed spark plugs
    tested spark on all plugs
    Cleaned bowls on carbie
    cleaned the 3 jets in all 4 carbies by soaking them in carbie cleaner then using an air compressor to blow out any crap in them.
    new fuel (91 octane pretty shit fuel from farm but should be enough to start)

so here is the video of it starting:

it starts at half throttle, no choke. twist the throttle and it does nothing, let go of the throttle and it dies.

2. always hard to tell from vids, but have you taken the tank off, if so you may have pinched the fuel line putting the tank back on. pretty easy to do, I remember doing it on an old gpz years ago.

good luck with it, at least you got your bike back, I hope they nailed the pricks who stole it.
  3. cheers mate, went over fuel lines and no kinks.
    took off the carbs again and cleaned the sliders and am soaking the jet pins in carby cleaner over night will test it tomorrow again.
  4. its going as good as ever now. the jet needles where gummed and the sliders where sticking all fixed, starting a new thread soon on my street fighter build :)
  5. Good luck sir
    Congratulations on your retrieval