Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Need advice quick-riding without indicator.

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Roar2Life, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Ok. SO I crashed my bike on monday adn am currently waiting for my new indicator to arrive (front left). Tonight i'm going to the movies with my friend and really don't want to have to walk in the dark. My main concern is being pulled over by the cops. If I do get caught does any1 know the sort of penalty i'd be facing (eg. fine, demerit points, etc)? And in your opinion is it worth the risk.

P.S. shops are about 2-3km away.
  2. Here is what you do, i've done it a few times and gotten away with it.

Use your hand to indicate (only when others around) and if you get pulled over say the the officer that you've just had a crash earlier that day and you had to rest up for awhile and now your heading home/to a friends house to store the bike until it gets repaired.
  3. I'd say I came back to where my bike was parked and it was on it's side, either the wind or some jerk knocked it over.
    Gotta get the cops feeling sorry for you, not wanting to book you for stacking/neg driving.