Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Need a New Tyre - South Melbourne

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by smcguane, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Hey Guys,

I am at work today and it would appear on the way in i got a large staple in my rear tyre.

Where can i go in south Melbourne to get a new tyre?

2. As long as it's not flat, you should be ok to ride it to a tyre place, (I don't know of any good ones in south melbourne,) but I got my last lot of tyres from Intyre, they were very good.

1300 85 45 58, 646 Nicholson Street FITZROY NORTH.

There is a shop in South Melbourne on city road, but I wouldn't recommend that shop.

3. Heya,

Thanks i was hoping for something close to work as i can not travel to far, this is a risky piece to have in the tyre as it looks like it could just come out at any time and then i would be buggered.
  4. Michelin, now 'tyres plus'. I used to work opposite. Also wouldn't reccommend.
  5. How big is this staple???? If you're not leaking any air, it may just be lodged in the tread, not deep enough to leak...

Maybe try the yellow pages for someone who can come to you, or get a tyre plug kit (I forget what they're called, but they come with a cylinder of compressed air & a plug), fix it, then replace as necessary.
  6. Well i got it sorted out heading down to bob jane in the city on Elizabeth street.

i am getting a pirelli rear for $355 fitted - it is going to match as best possible the dunlop qualifier in the front.

i will get the front one done just after christmas to match the rear as i am not a fan of these dunlops.

i checked the staple - it is in good an proper i am sure that a yank on that would certainly remove the air from my fun bags!

Thanks Guys